PDA

View Full Version : Any ladies from Champaign?

Bike Chick
12-15-2009, 04:28 PM
We have signed up to run the Illinois Marathon in May and are looking at hotel options. We don't know much about the town and would like some suggestions on hotels.

Pax
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
The I Hotel (http://stayatthei.com/) is near the marathon start/finish. It's newer and I've heard it's pretty decent.

I'm glad you're coming up for it, I'll be cheering from the sidelines!

Bike Chick
12-16-2009, 04:07 AM
Thanks ladies for your help and for the input on the race. That's good info. We looked at Hawthorn Suites because it was right next to campus but it didn't have very good reviews on line. It looks like there are several out by the interstate but didn't know what a hassle that might be. Syn, you calmed those worries. Thanks.

My hubby went to U of I but that was many, many years ago and it's changed a lot since then.;)

Syn, are your running the full or the half? and Pax you will have plenty of time to train before May!

Pax
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM
...and Pax you will have plenty of time to train before May!

Funny!!! Too many knee surgeries so no running for me.

There are a bunch of newer motels on Lincoln Ave., right near the interstate (and very easy access to the marathon). I live about four blocks from part of last years route, so if it follows a similar track this year I'll be out watching you all do your thing for a chunk of the morning.

Bike Chick
12-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Syn and Pax, thanks for the advice. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I think we've decided to go out by the interstate where you suggested, Pax.

I'm doing the half and hubby is doing the full. This will be a first for both of us. My son and daughter-in-law live in your neck of the woods, Syn, and I think they are going to train for the full and join us. It will be fun. Syn, how do you train for something like this in the winter? We get a decent day occasionally to run outdoors down here but up there must be tough.

Pax, too bad about the knee surgeries. I'll wave as I go by (I'll be the one in the back--Ha! Ha!)

Thanks again, ladies.