PDA

View Full Version : WIM Series ??

Irulan
02-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Anyone doing any of their (mb) races this year?

Irulan

waterlilli
02-28-2003, 06:43 PM
As many as I can!

Irulan
03-01-2003, 06:41 AM
are you going to hit any of the ones in Eastern WA? I almost made the chili ride but the skiing looked to good to pass up...

waterlilli
03-01-2003, 03:49 PM
My plan is to do the Beacon blastoff, Boneshaker and Squilchucker. I am going to miss the Mcmudfest and Chelan xc due to trail runs. I am bummed that they changed the Boneshaker course from 10 to 8 miles. Do you know what the new one will be? What ones are you doing?

Irulan
03-01-2003, 04:05 PM
I ride all the Spokane courses regularly but haven't raced them yet. (beacon, riverside etc)

I'll give ya a local tour tho!!!

Irulan

Irulan
03-02-2003, 06:17 AM
I will be working course marshall for the NORBA races here too... that's always lots of (dirty) fun

Irulan

waterlilli
03-03-2003, 07:29 AM
Irulan-
Maybe you (or anyone near Spokane) could help me out. The weekend of Beacon Blastoff I have a long run to do. I do not know Spokane and need a great trail to run/hike 19 miles on. I heard of the Centennial trail, but it sounds more like a path than a trail? I am looking for a out and back, but a loop would be great too. I do not mind some logging roads as long as some of it is on trails, I would rather a tough trail and hike a bit than a boring path. I prefer one close to biking so hubby has something to do. Know of anything like that or where I can get info. Thanks!

Irulan
03-03-2003, 08:53 AM
The Centennial Trail is 40 miles of asphalt that runs along the Spokane River from Riverside state part to Coeur D'alene. It is used extensively by walkers, runners, bikers and skaters. There are many accesses, the more remote ones have security problems so don't leave stuff in your car.

Now, if you need a dirt trails to run on, Riverside State park has many... I can line you out. There's about 75 miles of singletrack and double track, both for riding and anything else. If you send me a PM maybe we could exchange emails? I'd be happy to show you around.

Centennial Trail web Site (http://www.spokanecentennialtrail.org/)

Riverside state park (http://riversidestatepark.org/)
Irulan

Riverside trails (photos) (http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/riverside.htm)

waterlilli
03-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Perfect! Just what I was looking for.

Irulan
03-04-2003, 05:18 AM
let me know if you want a a local guide grrl who knows where to go!!!!

Irulan

waterlilli
03-16-2003, 07:52 AM
Irulan-
Are you doing Mcmudfest on the 24th, or Beacon on the 31? I may take you up on showing me the downhill course, I have directions, but that is not the same as a real tour!

Irulan
03-20-2003, 06:38 AM
yes most likely Mc Mud except at the moment we are having a lost key for the bike lock scenario. Bolt Cutters here we go.

If you go to the Ride Monkey regional board for the NW there is a thread that has a whole bunch of photos of hte Beacon DH. I know the XC course there better than theDH...but I also know folks who know it very well.

Irulan

waterlilli
03-21-2003, 06:40 AM
I went to ridemonkey and it really freaked me out for the Beacon DH. All those guys BRAGGING about themselves, makes me feel like I am not worthy. The same thing happened to me at my first attempt at a dh. My hubby helped me practice days in advance and I had the course down. Then the boys showed up and I decided not to race. The first one I actully did without whimping out was also intimadating for me, but I did it and beat some of the guys! I will go and see, My hubby will race for sure. Good luck at Mcmudfest! It is too long of a drive for us to do both weekends, so I won't see you there.

Irulan
03-21-2003, 06:48 AM
a bunch of testosterone poisoned teen boys blowing smoke. I just wanted you to see the photos. The average age of the males there is something like 19.

sounds like you need more grrls to ride with!!!

I ride around some of that stuff, just not OFF it.

ciao.

Irulan

anyway goddess and waterlili, if you gals would enable private messaging I have some good information for you.

waterlilli
03-22-2003, 07:04 AM
PM on! I really had not tought about it, thanks.

Irulan
03-22-2003, 07:19 AM
Off to Mc Mud, it's been a steady downpour all night long....

geargrrl