PDA

View Full Version : Last Season Race Yesterday

BikeShopGirl
12-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Last night was the last local cyclocross race for the season. There is a regional one but it doesn't jive with managing a bike shop, so I'm limited to the one our one store sponsors on Tuesday night.

The event is pretty neat as it's actually at night and the course is set up circling some softball fields so we can use their lighting. It's a 4 week series, tagged as a Development Series but some big guys come out to it.

Last night the women's field was small with only 4 people and I was the only one on a cyclocross bike. Normally it's an advantage, but last night it wasn't! Part of the course goes through a road of pea gravel, and a huge sandpit you have to take a 90º turn on. Plus the lights on that part of the course weren't working properly so it was close to pitch dark.

At the time I was very excited that the series was over, but now I'm slightly sad as my bike handling was improving during those 30 minute races.

Photos -- > http://arsbars.com/2009/12/02/cyclocross-on-a-tuesday-night/

krisl6
12-02-2009, 11:48 PM
That series sounds like a lot of fun, especially under the lights. Wish they had something like that around here!