PDA

View Full Version : Good Resource For You Swimmers

Zen
11-24-2009, 03:11 PM
at least I think it is. What do you think?
It's not just about cramping toes
http://www.active.com/swimming/Articles/Q-A-With-Natalie-Coughlin-Kicking-Tips-and-Cramping-Toes.htm?act=AFC-SocialMedia&Property=Active&Sport=Swimming&PageType=Content_Articles&Emp=SA&PostType=Social_Network_Wall&Site=FacebookPage&Dy=11_24_09&Note=Q-A-With-Natalie-Coughlin-Kicking-Tips-and-Cramping-Toes

Selkie
11-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Zen - Thanks for posting that link. That is one of my favorite sites, and I have found a lot of good tips there that have helped me w/my technique.

I hadn't noticed that particular Q&A (interesting, Natalie isn't a fan of fins!).

badger
12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I hate fins, too. It kills my knees, and it doesn't really teach you to kick any better. Like the woman says, it seems to emphasize the knees and not the hips where the strength comes from.

We have a coach who's overly fond of fins, but because I refuse to wear them, my kick has gotten even stronger keeping up with those with fins.

Susan Otcenas
12-23-2009, 11:48 AM
And ohhhh the dreaded toe/calf cramps! :( not fun.

No, not fun. And it kinda stinks that her answer to the question was essentially "I've never had that problem". Well. Not very helpful. Could she not have consulted a swim coach to help the inquirer?