PDA

View Full Version : Organizational Thread for TE "It" Project

Bike Chick
11-06-2009, 03:49 AM
Just curious if any of you other TErs in the area would be interested in organizing a leg of the Maidei tour of the USA........if she comes our way? I'm in the very southern tip of Illinois

OakLeaf
11-06-2009, 04:04 AM
It depends when she comes through, what part of the US I'll be in... but Ohio is a possibility.

I still think we belong in any other section other than North Central, though. Maybe if I just pretend the section title is "Great Lakes," then it can include Pennsylvania and upstate New York, too. :p

HoosierGiant
11-06-2009, 04:10 AM
I'm in!! Scads of interesting sites for Maidei to visit here in east-central Indiana.

Thorn
11-06-2009, 04:31 AM
In. Western Milwaukee suburbs.

And, Bike Chick, if the Maidei travels north to south, maybe she can bring you some Spotted Cow? I don't know if Maidei is underage, but perhaps she can still carry it along for you?

tongue_tied
11-06-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm in Chicago, on the lake, so count me in too!

staceysue
11-06-2009, 07:35 AM
I guess I'm North Central? Upper Peninsula of Michigan here. Right between Lake Superior and Lake Michigan.

Owlie
11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Another Ohioan here. Problem is, I'm on the other side of the state from various TE'ers most of the time. I'm either in Cincinnati or Cleveland.

Bike Chick
11-06-2009, 03:24 PM
In. Western Milwaukee suburbs.

And, Bike Chick, if the Maidei travels north to south, maybe she can bring you some Spotted Cow? I don't know if Maidei is underage, but perhaps she can still carry it along for you?

Wow! What a deal! You are on Thorn! I love that beer!!! That's gonna be a heck of a trip. There are a lot of miles between you and me. She might get awful thirsty and drink it all before she gets here!

It looks like we've got enough folks for a north to south route and then head east to Indiana and Ohio..........How neat! Wonder how long it would take for her to get here?

OakLeaf
11-06-2009, 03:34 PM
I think we need to wait until we find out when she's getting to the Americas, and whether she's coming here from the Pacific rim or from Europe, before we figure out which direction to do the North American circuit...

MomOnBike
11-06-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm in eastern Nebraska. I'd love to be in on this. Is there anyone anywhere near me? Near being defined as within a few hundred miles. I'm good for a multi-day tour if that's what it takes.

I think there was a person posting on TE from Omaha. Are you still here?

Bike Chick
11-11-2009, 05:54 AM
I'm a long way from you :-) Although it may be a while before she gets here, we can all throw our hats in the ring for future reference..........like organizing a trip across Iowa during RAGBRAI.......Wonder if Maidei likes pork chops and homemade ice cream:D:D

MomOnBike
11-11-2009, 07:05 AM
I must admit I like the RAGBRAI idea. It would be a gas. If Maidei doesn't like beer now, she'll have a chance to develop a taste before her tour is over.

Just thinking out loud, here. DH & I have already ridden one RAGBRAI, and while it was the most sustained fun I've ever had, I've already done that, and there are millions of miles I haven't already ridden. OTOH, DH & I have talked about riding the Katy Trail for years but there always has been something preventing us. Maybe Maidei can get us there? (Ahem) Or, to put it more politely, maybe her trip would logically use the Katy? I'd certainly be willing to assist.

OR, I've yet to ride the Cowboy Trail (all along Northern Nebraska). Hey, she's got to get to the other coast somehow! :D

These are just ideas I'm throwing out there. I'm not emotionally attached to them, so feel free to shoot them down. (Target practice!:D) At the same time, I'd really really like to be a part of this.

Bike Chick
11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Katy Trail would be good............that heads right toward me and I could get her to Indiana.

It's fun planning;) Who knows where she will end up but it would be nice if as many of us could be a part of it as possible.

MomOnBike
11-12-2009, 05:26 AM
We could ride the Katy in either direction, but I have always imagined th trip going West to East, that is, downhill all the way, if only slightly.

I have the feeling that Maidei will not be taking the most efficient route around the world, but it may be about the most interesting one.

Did I mention that I'm willing to do my part? ;)