PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary, Pony

smurfalicious
08-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Well, yesterday was our one year anniversary and I have to say, Pony is one of the few things in my life that has been there for a year I still like. So to celebrate I thought I'd be a sport and tag along on my clubs group ride. I took the beginner ride, hey, we're reminscing here, and because the int/adv ride is a trail I am deathly afraid of thanks to an ex.

I loaded up Pony and my aussie shepherd Hank the Cowdog and took off to Sisters. Yeah, I know dogs on a group ride but eh it was all fire road and he has exceptional manners. We were going to "lag back" and since I got there as the group was leaving it worked perfectly, for about 5 minutes. Hank and I caught them in nothing flat. It physically pained me to stay with the group, I just don't have a slow and easy button. So after Hank and I passed them, we caught the "fast group."

Needless to say we layed waste to them as well. I really wasn't trying to be a show off, but it kinda happened. Riding with really, really, really good male riders has sorta killed my confidence lately. That ride I went from having my rear handed to me, to hanging other people theirs. I took every big sorta flat rock as a launching pad, I railed up and through scree like I didn't have a care in the world, and pinned corners for all I was worth. Ahhhh yeah.

Hank and I were stopping to pour water into his collapsible doggy dish and to take a break. Hair cut or no, black aussie fur gets hot. The group would catch me, pass me, and I'd still catch up and pass them. We took a great snack break by the river, and on the way back the climbs were feeling a bit harder than they should have. Not brutal, but just, off. Lo and behold I had been hammering up rocky climbs like a monkey in my big ring. Doh! I almost finished the ride like that.

To cement our perfect day Hank and I stopped by the river and had a nice quiet moment. He laid down and cooled off, and I just soaked it all up. That bike has done so much for me, given me so much confidence in myself, and introduced me to so many awesome people. Even when I feel pudgy from my desk job I still love my body for all that I can do on my bike, and the muscle I know lies underneath. Pony has a sticker on her that says "Women's best friend" and I couldn't agree more.

love and cookies
-HillBill

PS Pony got her first real battle scar today, as we were rallying over rocks, one flew up and banged her pretty blue paint. She is officially a kick butt mountain bike now. :p

gretassister
08-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Go Smurf Go !!!!!!!

CorsairMac
08-19-2005, 08:36 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{smurf}}}}}}}}}}}}} may you and Pony have many more years together! and yes ma'am.......you officially Kicked Butt!! :D