PDA

View Full Version : SW Ohio - Riding partner/group?

artifactos
10-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I live about halfway between Cincinnati and Dayton, and though I have a relatively regular riding partner at the moment (boyfriend who inspired me to buy my road bike!), I'd love to meet more people to ride with and either drag him along or leave him to his own thing.

I have ridden the Little Miami bike path once so far, but only the section between Franklin and a little north of Miamisburg. I don't mind driving to a common starting ground.

My longest ride so far was about 32 miles, and I'm very comfortable with 20 miles at a pace between 15 and 18 mph. Hills are still killing me, but I'm pretty new to my road bike. I'm probably going to have to change my saddle before I go on a ride much longer than 30-40 miles. ;)

Anyone in the area? I'm also pretty close to Oxford if that helps. :)

Kathi
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Check out the Cincinnati Cycle Club http://www.cincinnaticycleclub.org/, They have weekly rides all over the tri-state area. I'm sure you'll find a ride that fits your needs.

artifactos
10-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Kathi, thank you! I had checked out the Dayton Cycling Club, but hadn't found the Cincinnati site. Some of their rides are really close to me!

Thank you!!

Owlie
10-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for that link, actually. I'll be at home for a few days (Cincy's home) and I've been looking at some rides.

If you're planning on doing any riding in winter (mid- late December), PM me. If I'm home, I'm a ~20-30 minute drive south.