PDA

View Full Version : Calling Pedal Wench

msgibbie
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey there. I'm stuck in beautiful sunny Sacramento on business and worried about my bud's back in Atlanta. I've seen a few posts saying parts of the Comet are washed out a little but not too much being said. Has anyone heard if Atlanta Cycle was able to clear out in time. Mike and Terry always take terrific care of me and I'd sure hate to hear they lost their inventory.:(

skibum
09-23-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm not absolutely sure but I don't think Atlanta Cycling got flooded. Cobb Pkwy crosses fairly high over the Chattahoochee and Atlanta Cycling is uphill from the river. I've got some riding buddies that live near there that are planning to meet there and ride today. I'm assuming they wouldn't be doing that if it got flooded.

Some areas near there got hit -- Lovett School, Canoe -- but they are a little closer to the river.

Pedal Wench
09-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Pedal Wench, checking in!

I heard the same as Skibum - lower locations are okay, but Atlanta Cycling is at a pretty high elevation from the river. That shopping center across the street (and downhill...) from them might not be so lucky.

The Comet is closed from Hiram to Tara Drummond, but open west of Tara. The tunnel is wet and muddy, but hey, isn't it almost always?

(Ha - forgot about this. A few weeks ago, my BF was in town and we went for a quick ride out there while I was still nursing my knee. The tunnel had a ton of water in it. As we approached, we saw this 8-year-old kid just plowing through the water, having blast. We started going through really slowly and carefully, trying not to get us and our bikes wet. Then this little voice, "On your left" as the kid passed and dropped us. First time BF was dropped by a kid on a BMX bike. :p It was kinda dark, but I swear the kid turned and gave him "The Look.")

msgibbie
09-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Oh that is just too cute.

Thanks for the updates. I'm headed back east tomorrow and can't wait to get some saddle time.