PDA

View Full Version : First Race!!!

tjf9
09-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I did my first CX race today! So fun! It was my first bike race other than a TT, so it was different having more people around me when I ride. It was also the first race of the season, so it was dry, and pretty small. Racing for 45 minutes is a lot harder than it sounds!

I fell 4 times :eek: ! 3 times in the same place (an off-camber turn at the bottom of a steep downhill) and once going into into the barriers when my foot wouldn't clip out. Hopefully next time, I'll only fall 3 times. ;)

Great fun. I highly recommend it!

out_spokin'
09-13-2009, 08:05 AM
I watched my first race yesterday...I'm pretty smitten! I'm going to ride the course soon and see how it goes. I've never raced at all, but it looks so fun, and yes, very hard. There's another race on the same course mid-November, so I might be on my way to whipping myself into shape to give it a go.

Great for you -- I like the idea of falling just one time less each race! :p Do you have more races planned out?

tjf9
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't have a plan yet, but I'll definitely be doing more races. There's a weekly series here Oct/Nov that draws a huge crowd, so I'm sure I'll be out for some of those.

Good thinking to watch a race first. I'd never been to a cross race before I did this one, but I have been doing a clinic series, so I at least have an idea of how to dismount and go over barriers. Off-camber turns are a whole 'nother story. :)