PDA

View Full Version : Finally some success!

tjf9
09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I have been taking a cyclocross clinic for the past 4 weeks. The first week went ok, but the last two were really frustrating. I couldn't seem to get any good timing going over the barriers, my dismounts and shouldering were awful and I practically had to come to a complete stop to mount my bike.

This week, I finally had a breakthrough! Everything just seemed to click, and I even managed to land a few running mounts without the dreaded stutter step! Yay! :D Now I just have to keep practicing until my first race a week from tomorrow. I'm so nervous!

(Also during last night's session, I managed to completely screw up a running mount - I didn't kick my leg up high enough and instead of my leg on top of the seat, it knocked my bike sideways. I landed on the ground, instead of the saddle. :( Other than that, the night went well ;))

Kalidurga
09-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Congrats! As much as I love to watch 'cross, the idea of doing it scares the bejeebus out of me. I've have tremendous respect for all of you masochistic folks who risk life and shin for this sport ;)