PDA

View Full Version : Fall Centuries, Atlanta

Pedal Wench
09-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Anyone doing any this weekend? I'm aiming for One Love on Saturday and Share the Road on Monday. I was doing the Denver 3-Day last weekend (Route Safety, so on my bike, but hours and hours of standing) so I'll be taking it easy. Just building up saddle time before the Faster Mustache 24 next weekend.

tctrek
09-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Not for me this season. I'm working up to it though!

skibum
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I usually do those rides but am passing on them this year. We've decided to spend the weekend in the mountains so I'll be hitting some of my favorite routes in the gaps instead.

My next organized ride will be Beautiful Backroads. I plan to go short/easy for that one since it will be so close to my half ironman.

kacie tri-ing
09-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I did the metric at the wilson 100 last weekend. My DH is going to be at the Mac 1 love. You guys should meet up and chat about sebring and the heart of the south!

Then, we are heading to savannah for that century (I am doing the 70 miler because I am doing Augusta 70.3 in a few weeks).

Which other ones are you doing?:)

kacie tri-ing
09-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Anyone doing any this weekend? I'm aiming for One Love on Saturday and Share the Road on Monday. I was doing the Denver 3-Day last weekend (Route Safety, so on my bike, but hours and hours of standing) so I'll be taking it easy. Just building up saddle time before the Faster Mustache 24 next weekend.

How is your knee feeling?

Pedal Wench
09-03-2009, 08:20 AM
The knee is just okay. I'm still taking it easy, and trying to watch my pedalling style. The two centuries this weekend are more for seeing how it's gonna feel than anything else. Luckily, the 24-hour race next weekend is a loop, so if it messes up again, I won't be 50 miles away from my car... :)

msgibbie
09-06-2009, 04:58 AM
I looked at the Share the Road (didn't get the email until Friday) but had already signed up for Rockmart ride so am opting to stick with my original plans. Did the Wilson - it was a beautiful ride but not well organized.

Let me know if you're interested in riding the hills.

Pedal Wench
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Skibum, good luck on your half!!! Sounds like craziness to me. ;)

I did both centuries this weekend. I gotta say it again - the One Love is just a great ride. Incredible support, great food, good music, and a nice route. The Share the Road was okay, but significantly less people doing the 100, and the food just wasn't as appealling. (One Love had oranges, bananas, watermelon, and tomato wedges (???) in addition to the usual.) OH - and the route goes by a few landfills that were just kinda nasty in the morning.