PDA

View Full Version : Road Cycling Clinic - Saturday 7/16

cindysue
07-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey girls,

Might be a bit of a drive for some of you, but should be well worth it............

CLINIC: Come hear Julia Violich (pro-racer) discuss women's physiology and biomechanical fit for the bike followed by a two hour instructional ride on descending, cornering, and climbing. The clinic is FREE and LUNA samples will be generously provided.

Sat July 16, 8:30am
Gravy Wheels Cyclery
702 San Anselmo Ave.
San Anselmo (Marin)
www.gravywheels.net (for directions)

slinkedog
07-12-2005, 08:28 AM
I'd REALLY like to go to this, but Blaine may be going to a conference that day. We're still not sure. Do you have to sign up in advance, or can you just show up??

SadieKate
07-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Hmm, Julia Violich is also the owner of Gravy Wheels which has always been closed when I'm in the neighborhood.

http://www.citysportsmag.com/story.cfm?story_id=10150&pageID=4707

cindysue - you going? slinke - we could finally meet!!!

slinkedog
07-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I'd really like to go to this to see if it will help with my fear of descending a little, and of course, for all the other help it would be! And I'm hoping to see CindySue again!! :D

SK, are you really going to go? I could bring your saddle.

By the way, this is about road biking and not mtb, right?

SadieKate
07-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Not necessarily in order of the questions:

1) Yep, I'll go if you will! :)
2) The website says it is the LunaChix road club.
3) I could meet both of you.
4) Yep on the saddle. I haven't put the check in the post box yet but I could hand-deliver it also.

So, does Blaine have to go to the conference? Tell him I'll start whining really loudly. ;)

SK

cindysue
07-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Shannon - no need to sign up in advance. Just show up :). Should be a great clinic - the training ride is what I'm looking most forward to! Yep - the focus is on road skills - although Julia is more into the MTB races, she also does amateur road races...........

SK, Yep - I'll be there. I'm one of the members of the LUNA chix Road Team (a sister club to the MTB team you may be familiar with)
Also, you might want to mention that to Julia if you go out there. I'm sure you are not the only potential customer effected by the shop's closure.

That's a great article, isn't it?

Hope to see ya both there!

SadieKate
07-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Do you have to sign up in advance, or can you just show up??I just spoke to Julia and she says to just show up.

SadieKate
07-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Also, you might want to mention that to Julia if you go out there. I'm sure you are not the only potential customer effected by the shop's closure. Well, since I seem to only be in the neighborhood on the way to and fro from other things I don't really expect the shop to be open at 8 am or 11 pm. :eek:

cindysue
07-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Well, since I seem to only be in the neighborhood on the way to and fro from other things I don't really expect the shop to be open at 8 am or 11 pm. :eek:

hahaha, you didn't say that!

slinkedog
07-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm not going to be able to come. :( Blaine's conference is set and Devon really wants to go to a Harry Potter book party on Friday night that will last until the wee hours (they're releasing the book tomorrow at midnight, or Saturday at midnight, I guess I should say), so I'll need to go pick her up at some point in the morning which means no sitter.

SadieKate
07-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeee!! Slinke!

cindysue
07-14-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm not going to be able to come. :(

Bummer! I'll have to take notes for you......

SK - how about you? You can ride up with me if you meet me here in Walnut Creek.

Cindy

SadieKate
07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm still on the fence because of the heat. Do you have any idea what time the ride will take place? I want to hear the discussion but I just can't ride if it gets too hot. I'm unacclimated again having been in Oregon for the week. I really want to go but the heat is a real issue.

Thanks for the carpool offer, but I'll be going I-80 to 37 around the north end of the Bay so I don't think our commute pattern will mesh.

cindysue
07-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I'll be going I-80 to 37

ahhh, OK. I was thinking you might be near Shannon in the south bay...... ooooh, wine country - love it!

I imagine the ride will start about 9:30 or 10:00 and go no later than noon.

SadieKate
07-14-2005, 04:00 PM
ahhh, OK. I was thinking you might be near Shannon in the south bay.No, we're just trying to meet someday and at this rate our plans could be written into some schlocky Hollywood movie. You'll be in suspense! How will it all end? :p

SadieKate
07-14-2005, 04:27 PM
CindySue, based on the LunaChix rating system is the ride a MH or H? Just trying to decide what kind of gearing I should bring (says the spoiled girl with lotsa bikes :o ). Anything steep for old surgically-altered knees?

The forecast is a low of 58 and a high of 90 so I'm staying optomistic.

SK

cindysue
07-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Anything steep for old surgically-altered knees?
SK

Just spoke with Julia - she says nothing aggresive - and we will be taking it slow. Just enough hill to practice some descending............. so my personal rating would be F-MH or "Flat to Moderately Hilly"

SadieKate
07-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks! Guess I can leave the platter-sized cogs at home.

slinkedog
07-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Ladies... it turns out that I can come tomorrow!! :) WOO HOO! Can't wait to see you all! Is anyone from the South bay coming who wants to pool with me?

SadieKate
07-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah! Just sent you my cell phone. Now, you be sure thank Blaine for me. My throat was starting to get sore from the prolonged whining. :p

cindysue
07-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey Ladies... it turns out that I can come tomorrow!! :) WOO HOO! Can't wait to see you all!

yipeeeee! See ya both early in the morning :)

P.S. Shannon - I'm going to a shower in Santa Clara tomorrow afternoon - go figure!