PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Diablo - Sunday, July 10 at 9am

cindysue
07-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey ladies,

I was bummed not to see any of you today out in Berkeley. Perhaps you can join me for a ride up Mt. Diablo.

I'll leave Walnut Creek BART station at 9am Sunday morning and head out to the North Gate entrance. The plan is to go all the way to the top, but we may descend at the junction if the group prefers.

I may have one other LUNA gal with me and I'll also bring some LUNA mini-bars.

Hope to see ya there!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://lunachix.net/

Veronica
07-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Don't fret, we'll join you when the summer is over! :p We're doing last minute shopping for all our gallivanting. I know SK is away this week as well.

How was your trip to Santa Barbara?

V.

cindysue
07-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi V,

That's right. The big trip is coming up. So exciting! Will you have access to the internet?

The Santa Barbara trip was great! I started a trip report at crazyguyonabike.com but as you may know the site is down........

The quick and dirty ride report is we did 130 miles the first day: San Francisco to Monterey. The route to Santa Cruz was a breeze. Then we had headwinds all the way to Monterey. I was pedaling down hill. I seriously bonked towards the end and basically drug myself into the hotel in Monterey. The next three days were much lighter. After touring 17 mile drive in Carmel (wow!) we headed to and camped out at Big Sur (50 miles), then it was off to camp at San Simeon (75 miles), then camping at Oceano/Pismo (50 miles), and finally to Santa Barbara (110 miles) where we stayed at the beautiful ocean front Double Tree Hilton Hotel. That night we proceeded into town where we must have ate 30-40 rolls of Sushi between the two of us!

I think my favorite day of the whole trip was day 4. It was a really relaxed day, traveling through the great little coastal communities of Cambria, Cayucos, and Morro Bay (I could SO live in one of these communities!). We stopped at a nice little cafe in Morro Bay and chatted with the friendly owner and one of her patrons about our trip. Then we proceeded to Oceano for the night where we met up with two gentlemen who were also on a tour to Santa Barbara.

On the way back to the Bay Area (rental car) we stopped in Paseo Robles for wine-tasting. Overall a great trip!

cindysue
07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
oh by the way V., I never found out why you don't eat at Cold Stone Creamery.........

Veronica
07-09-2005, 05:10 PM
oh by the way V., I never found out why you don't eat at Cold Stone Creamery.........

A really long hair, not mine and probably not the girl's who mixed my ice cream. :(

Sounds like you had a great trip! I want to do that tour again. It's so beautiful and you run into other cyclists doing the same trip. It's a neat experience. I liked the day to Pismo the best too. It was the first day we had sunshine all day!

Don't know how much Internet access we'll have. We're debating whether or not to get a travel laptop to make picture processing easier. It would be nice to have one that I could take to work as well.

V.

Trek420
07-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Veronica "A really long hair, not mine and probably not the girl's who mixed my ice cream. :( "

Hey V, better than a short hair in the ice cream ;-)

Cindysue, sorry I can't attempt Diablo tomorrow, it's my brothers wedding reception. I wish him the best but I'd rather ride.

T. :D

aka_kim
07-09-2005, 07:15 PM
I was bummed not to see any of you today out in Berkeley. Perhaps you can join me for a ride up Mt. Diablo. I was tempted on the Berkeley ride, but then I figured there was no way I could keep up with a group of racer girls.

I might be riding to the junction tomorrow, but lately I'm had a few problems getting myself moving by 9am...

Sounds like you had a great trip, Cindy. I look forward to reading all about in on crazyguy.

cindysue
07-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi Kim,

I hope there was nothing in my post or the website that might lead you to think we are racers. OK, one member is a racer but the rest of us are just regular ladies who love to ride.

Come join us. Starbucks is on the way.............

slinkedog
07-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey Cindy! Sorry we missed you in Bezerkley on Saturday! I didn't see the post until Saturday evening. We took the kids to the Alameda County Fair Saturday morning and didn't get back until late afternoon.

I'll check the calendar for your next event so we can come watch/ride/whatever!!

cindysue
07-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey Trek - How was the reception? At least you didn't have to wear some awful bride's maid dress............

Shannon - Oh darn - it would have been nice to see you, Blane and the kids. One of these days I'll bring my bike to the southbay. Are saturdays or sundays better for you?

Cindy :)

slinkedog
07-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Saturdays are definitely better. Let me know what your schedule is like. I haven't been riding a ton, but yesterday Blaine and I went out and did a few hills (short but steeper than the ones we did) and I got my butt kicked. I made it, but they were HARD for me. I need to spend lots more time in the trainer!! :)

Trek420
07-11-2005, 08:40 AM
cindysue "Hey Trek - How was the reception? At least you didn't have to wear some awful bride's maid dress............"

yeah right, that'll happen ;-)

it was fine, good to see the fambly, on the other hand what a waste of perfect cycling weather.