PDA

View Full Version : sigh.. bicyclists hit by blow darts...

Biciclista
07-22-2009, 07:14 AM
Bicyclist hit by blow dart on Ballard Bridge (http://www.myballard.com/2009/07/21/bicyclist-hit-by-blow-dart-on-ballard-bridge/)
Posted by Geeky Swedes on July 21st, 2009

Around 6 p.m. on Monday, Avram says he was hit by a 4-inch blow dart while crossing the Ballard Bridge. He sent us this email:

I was riding on the east side bike lane, heading north. I heard a little “pop” sound then felt a sting. My first reaction was that it was a rock that had been run over and shot out at me. It kept stinging so I reached down and felt the dart sticking out of me. I pulled it out and once I realized what it was, looked ahead at the cars to see if I could tell which car it was. Unfortunately, there were too many and by then they were well ahead of me. I stopped once I got to the end of the bridge to make sure I wasn’t bleeding, then rode home and called police.

(more at the link)

Grog
07-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Unbelievably disgusting.

tulip
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
That's just sick.

Pan Dulce
07-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow. I just can't believe that. :( What's wrong with people? It's like they don't see people other than themselves as human beings..

Tri Girl
07-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Like cyclists need anything else to worry about when we're on the road with 1-2 ton vehicles who don't see us and won't share the road. That's disgusting. :mad:
When watching the TDF the other day they told of 2 riders who were hit with pellets from a bb gun. WTF is wrong with people.

I'm not a vengeful person, but for punishment (turn around is fair play- an eye for an eye- what comes around goes around, etc) I'd like to get them by surprise when they're walking from the grocery store to their car, or going out to get their mail, or just chillin' with their friends. See how they like it and how "funny and hilarious" it is when they're the victim. I can only hope for karma in cases like this (and jail time- but we all know that's unlikely).