PDA

View Full Version : 1st place! Eldora, co

bikerINco
07-06-2005, 09:50 PM
this past weekend, i had a race in Eldora, colorado. I raced in the sport class and came in 1st! such a great day for me. this summer I have been racing in the Mountain states Cup series - this is my 5th race. for the past 2 years, i have only raced in our town series, so this is a big step out of the small pond!! the girls i have been racing against are real good, and i have learned a lot from them.

I feel that i finally rode a great race. I was paced myself well on the climbs and was real agressive on the downhill. i got in front at the end of the 1st lap, then spent the last lap maintaining my lead. it's much easier to keep your head in the game when you are getting chased.

Can't wait till the next one!!

slinkedog
07-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Good for you! Your confidence level just got a good boost, eh? When is the next one???

CONGRATS! :D

CorsairMac
07-07-2005, 10:40 AM
and the fans go wilddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!! good on you and congrats on your 1st place!!!

bikerINco
07-07-2005, 11:39 AM
thanks ladies!! My next race for the moutain States Cup is in Telluride, CO on July 30th. Should be real fun. Can't wait to visit Telluride for the first time...i have heard only great things about it.

this definitely was a confidence booster. I have big plans for my upcoming rides. Right now i'm in 3rd place for the series. I think 2nd place is within reach. i just need to stay focused!