PDA

View Full Version : woo-hoo, I set a new personal record!

redrhodie
06-28-2009, 04:38 PM
No, not speed or distance. Today I set the record of 23 years since I last crashed! Of course, that means I crashed today :rolleyes:! As far as that goes, it was as good as can be expected. I was cornering too aggressively over sand, and just laid it down smoothly. I came up smiling, the bike is good, I have some road rash and a slighly sore shoulder, but nothing major.

I think I'm lucky it happened so fast I didn't have time to tense up. And, for the first time in my life, I'm thankful for the extra protection on my thighs. :D

Miranda
06-28-2009, 04:42 PM
No, not speed or distance. Today I set the record of 23 years since I last crashed! Of course, that means I crashed today :rolleyes:! As far as that goes, it was as good as can be expected. I was cornering too aggressively over sand, and just laid it down smoothly. I came up smiling, the bike is good, I have some road rash and a slighly sore shoulder, but nothing major.

I think I'm lucky it happened so fast I didn't have time to tense up. And, for the first time in my life, I'm thankful for the extra protection on my thighs. :D

HA... I'll remember that next time when the GF ride pal and I are grumbling about our ice cream weaknesses:p! Ice cream thighs are "protective gear":D. Glad you are ok!:)

ridenread
06-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure whether to offer congratulations or sympathy. Glad that both you and the bike are OK. Now let's see if you can break your record and go at least another 25 years accident free.

Pedal Wench
06-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Ouch!

BleeckerSt_Girl
06-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you handled the whole thing beautifully. :)

Now you've broken your falling/crashing jinx and gotten it out of the way.
Well done!

MartianDestiny
06-28-2009, 05:41 PM
23 YEARS!!! Impressive! I'd count myself incredibly lucky if I make it 23 months.

Glad the bike and you are ok :)

jobob
06-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Heh heh, very well done! And I'm very glad you came out smiling. :cool:

It's been three months for me as of today (does it count that I haven't been out on a road bike yet? I suppose not. gah.)

sarahspins
06-28-2009, 06:21 PM
23 years is pretty impressive! I think I made it about 23 days... then I lost a footing on my own driveway while I was at the end waiting for a car to pass, and hit the ground! Thankfully I wasn't actually moving when it happened, but it was sure embarrassing!

redrhodie
06-29-2009, 11:21 AM
It's been three months for me as of today (does it count that I haven't been out on a road bike yet? I suppose not. gah.)

It totally counts!

I didn't sleep at all, but wasn't in pain, just a little discomfort. I took the bike in today for new bar tape, and to have the rear wheel trued. She's good as new now. Not a scratch on the frame, how lucky is that!?

Jiffer
06-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow. Glad you're okay and can even laugh about it. If a person has to crash, might as well be thankful it wasn't too bad. ;)

redrhodie
07-01-2009, 04:41 AM
Wellll, I wasn't as fine as I thought. I rode to work yesterday, and about an hour later, I got the old familiar blind spot that is my early warning sign for a migraine. I haven't had one in a couple of years, but I knew right away what was happening.

It came on really fast and hard. Within a few minutes, I was not able to see my hand in front of my face, and I was seeing lightning bolts even when I closed my eyes. I told my friend, and she whisked me off to the chiropractor (this treatment works and prevents my migraines). I was lucky because my doctor was just about to leave on vacation, but fit me in. He said my neck was the most out he'd even seen it, which I'm sure was from falling. I walked out feeling well enough to go back to work, but was really exhausted and went to bed at around 9:30 last night, really early for me.

I feel much better today. I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the week until everything is back to normal.