PDA

View Full Version : Hh100

sestratton
06-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I am doing my first Hotter N Hell ride this year. I don't know what to wear. Is it better to wear a tank top jersey and have as little clothing on as possible? Or is it better to wear a real jersey to cover more skin, but risk getting the dreaded arm tan lines? Looking for a bit of advice. I'm also trying to decide if wearing a camelbak will just add to the heat or if it is really necessary if I carry the standard 2 water bottles with me.

Thanks! Sara

Tri Girl
06-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Well, I've never done HHH, but since I live near that area and it's currently in the 100's and hotter than hell up here, I would say you gotta wear what's most comfortable. If you're comfy wearing sleeveless, just lather on the sunscreen. I would think a short sleeve jersey would be best; who cares about weird tan lines when you're out there for 5-7 hours. Comfort is key. You should be fine with just your 2 water bottles if you plan on stopping and refilling at each station (from what I've heard from my friends who've done HHH). If you plan on not stopping very much- use the camelbak. Again- do what's best for you. For me, I drink far more with a camelbak (and don't mind it on my back) and during a race like that you NEED to stay super hydrated.
Again, it's just my $.02. I've never done that ride, but have done plenty of 5 hour rides in that area under those conditions...

Plus, you're from Houston; you KNOW heat and humidity. ;) You'll do GREAT! Have a great ride.

denda
08-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Sara- My husband and I will be doing the HH100 for the 5th time. We used to wear camelbacks, but now we just take bottles. I wear a short sleeve jersey. The last time I looked at the forecast it didn't look like it was going to be that hot.
Good luck!
Have fun! We always do!

Danette
08-28-2009, 03:48 PM
If the weather is going to be anything like today it's going to be a beautiful ride. I can't wait.

Tri Girl
08-30-2009, 10:02 AM
If Hell is anywhere as cool as that ride was, I think I'll be fine when I arrive. :p

Seriously- the weather was AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe how we lucked out with such cool temps. I was actually even chilly at the start. :cool:

I hope you ladies had a great ride. I know I did! Oh,and all those people? Insane!! I'd like to do it again, but man I sure hate all those people out there. Crazy!!!
I just read that there were over 14,000 people out there. WOW! :eek:It's kinda amazing I didn't see more wrecks with that many people all together on bikes (but believe me, I saw plenty).

Pictures;
1. at the start
2. with the planes at Sheppard AFB
3. back at the car after a shower and relaxing waiting on DH to finish his run after his 100 mile ride

denda
08-30-2009, 01:59 PM
We just got back from our 5th HHH. The weather was great. We averaged 16.3mph. That's pretty good for us! We had a great time. The people at the rest stops are SO nice and friendly! Thanks Wichita FAlls!

txred9876
09-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Glad you guys had so much fun! Tina

ps now you need to come down to the mamma jamma ride!