PDA

View Full Version : Recumbents Cause Disease

Fredwina
06-21-2009, 11:42 AM
It's Called
Continuous Recumbent Acquisition Phenoma ( or called, I guess you know what :) )
I picked a Bacchetta Strada yesterday:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_vuerRrNlUQI/Sj6DQH4ClgI/AAAAAAAABuw/k9Tps8OPgoE/s512/100_0689.jpg
Thought this was artsy. Maybe I should call the "Tomato"?
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_vuerRrNlUQI/Sj6DZJCYhaI/AAAAAAAABvE/Ih5pwKnM5VI/s512/100_0694.jpg

Ann G
06-21-2009, 11:54 AM
It's a great choice! The Strada is actually my third recumbent. I started with a Rans Rocket and traded it in for a Bacchetta Giro a year later. I completed 5 RAGBRAIs on the Giro. Last summer, during RAGBRAI, I traded the Giro in for the Strada. It's great! I also got the yellow seat bag, and I think that it makes me more visible from behind. I have an upright bike also (Serotta Fierte), but I can ride longer on the recumbent because it's more comfortable.

Welcome to the world of recumbent cycling. Some riders have to have their grins surgically removed from their faces.:D

Aquila
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Looks FUN! Enjoy!

sgtiger
06-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Muy caliente! It look's like it's on fire. I wish you lots of adventures with Tomato, Fredwina!

evangundy
06-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Nice bike Fredwina! I hope you enjoy many many comfy miles on it.

In cleaning out our "bike closet" we found a seat bag (kinda like your yellow one) but it is red and black. Fits the Euromesh seat, that I don't have - I went with the Rans style seat on my Giro. This red/black seat bag was given to me and I was wondering if you might like to have it. I could bring it to the Recumbent Retreat and you can decide once you see it.

Edna

Fredwina
06-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Evangundy,
go ahead it should work since both my giro and my Strada are red and have euromesh seats;)

MomOnBike
06-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Nice ride. Yeah, I'm jealous.

Tri Girl
06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Me likey... A LOT! What a beautiful new bike. I used to think recumbents were for old people (don't virtually slap me), but the older I'm getting and the more pains I have- I'm thinking a recumbent looks like just about the sweetest ride around (much the same with my views on RV's vs. tent camping). Comfort is becoming more and more appealing as I age. ;)

Fredwina
06-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I usually think they're more fun to ride. you just have to put up with being a little odd Like the lady on Saturday's ride that remarked I was riding a "real" bike she "corrected" it to "normal" bike:rolleyes:

Zen
06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I think that disease causes men to grow beards. Usually grey ones :(