PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

Bikechic
06-29-2005, 11:40 AM
So today I woke up early to do an hour ride about 15 miles. On my way back i was slowing down to come to a stop light and grab some water. when out of no where this driver runs me off of the shoulder of the road.....just to say that i was going about 16mph and hit pavement...ouch! I was bleeding on my knees and have road rash all over my left arm. I got up and the first thing i was thinking of was my new bike hurt :p . The driver didn't even stop....makes me so mad!

CorsairMac
06-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Ouch!!......are you sure you're OK?....nothing coming up later after the fact?? I have Not a clue what is going on with drivers lately - the heat??...full moon on the 24th?? what??....Since Sat I've had several close calls with either inattentive drivers or pushy drivers - I'm beginning to wonder if my ticket is coming up!! :(

emily_in_nc
06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
I'll say ouch! SO glad you didn't break anything. It's not fun. But neither is what happened to you. What a JERK that driver was!!! :mad:

Virtual hugs and band-aids,

Emily

Deanna
06-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I think that qualifies as a hit and run incident, even if he didn't physically hit you. I don't know if you have a bicycle advocacy group in your area, but ours encourages us to file police reports, even if we have very few details as to the offender and no matter how insignificant the incident might seem. The more incidents there are on the books the more likely the police are to take car+bike problems seriously.

spazzdog
06-29-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm tellin' y'all... gun racks on every bike.

nuthatch
06-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm tellin' y'all... gun racks on every bike.

Shoulder-mounted super soakers!

We've had several deaths here in the Chicago area this spring, including a cycling nun. I think there are so many more of us riding now and so much more traffic - please be careful, girls!

RoadRaven
07-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Dayam... people like this... I don't know... GRRRR

Glad you and bike are ok.... you both are? Yes?

Along with gun-rack, lets have a survalence (sp?) video or camera so we can capture number plates and get these... w***ers

oroight
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Dayam... people like this... I don't know... GRRRR

Glad you and bike are ok.... you both are? Yes?

Along with gun-rack, lets have a survalence (sp?) video or camera so we can capture number plates and get these... w***ers
R/R lve heard of people taking phone photo shot of registration+ make and one of the driver,(even with out camera -phone,ie regular mobile) Just so they know we can fight back.Its hard when its a hit and run though. Look out for him again,maybe he was on his route to work?

RoadRaven
07-02-2005, 11:55 AM
LOL... I forgot about cell phones... my phone is a couple of years old and a cheapy... so it has no photo option... looks like bike accessories should run to a new phone... hmmm, and its my birthday next month... <EFG>

ladiebug
07-02-2005, 12:29 PM
I live in SLC, Utah and what a tragedy it was last year when that young woman was hit and killed going up Big Cottonwood Canyon. The woman who hit her claimed she didn't even see her. I think that's the problem. A lot of drivers think of their cars as an extention of themselves. They climb into cars with all their own problems and emotions and go. I drive for a living and have learned (the hard way) that when you get behind a steering wheel, the road should have your full attention. Be aware of everything around you. It's a miracle some people live through every day. I'm also a cyclist. So I see the bad driving from both sides. Yesterday I took my kids to the movie and my oldest son nearly got creamed twice. He's nine. He cried. And no, the drivers didn't even bother stopping. I don't think the first one even saw us there. Anyways, Utah is doing a lot to educate people about bike awareness. Thank God! ;)