PDA

View Full Version : I have a bike now.

Owlie
06-13-2009, 01:14 PM
It's not exactly my bike, as I'm borrowing a bike that my friend got at a thrift store for $20 (!), but it'll tide me over until I get paid and get a ride to the LBS. I also managed to pick up a helmet today.

Remembering how to ride a bike will commence this weekend. Wish me luck!

TrekTheKaty
06-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah! Welcome! Just get out there.............

OnTerryOh
06-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Good luck to you! :)

:D Hope your ride goes well this weekend. Glad you have a bike and helmet. :)

Jiffer
06-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Awesome! Have fun and be safe! Always be a defensive rider. Assume the cars don't see you.

YAY FOR BIKES!!!!! :D

latelatebloomer
06-14-2009, 03:10 AM
As TE taught me - "The BEST bike - is the one you have." :D

I have a soft soft in my heart for all cyclists who are willing to start out w/ rough bikes, cobbled-together gear, and a lot of heart. Many happy miles to you!

Lynda Gene

OakLeaf
06-14-2009, 03:13 AM
w00t!

I thought I'd forgotten how to ride a bike once... but it comes back pretty quickly. I'm sure you'll find the same. :)

andtckrtoo
06-14-2009, 06:26 AM
Enjoy!!! Hope the weather gods cooperate for your first ride in a while! How exciting!

Owlie
06-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Riding a bike is like...riding a bike. Who knew? :D

The balance thing is coming back. The problem with that bike is that the seat is an old, cheap guy's seat, so I end up with weight on things that should not have weight on them. Ow. The seat's also too low (we can fix that), and the brakes are awful. Despite all of that stuff, I'm actually having a lot of fun with it. :)

I've been taking it out to a parking lot so that I don't have to negotiate with cars while I'm still re-learning this stuff. My only concern is that because of the seat, I don't think I can do much longer than a couple of laps around the parking lot, which has quite a lot to do with why I stopped riding bikes.

andtckrtoo--Yes, the weather gods have been cooperating. It's been beautiful the past couple days.