PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis, MO area Team E meet up?

Reesha
06-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I've noticed there are a bunch of St. Louisans on here and I can't help but think it would be fun to meet up for a ride or for lunch or dinner sometime.

Anybody interested?

TrekTheKaty
06-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I ride the Katy most weekends. Let me know if you're out that way :)

Bike Chick
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Did this ever happen? Just wondered how many of us are out there. I think this is a great idea but missed this thread 6 months ago. Maybe we can try again this spring:-)

uforgot
12-07-2009, 01:25 AM
I missed it too. Let's try again in the Spring.

Reesha
12-07-2009, 07:54 AM
'Tis true... it never happened. I think planning one for the spring is a great idea. I rode out on the new HWY 40 yesterday and I think my toes are still recovering :o Time to get some booties if I intend to ride more this winter!

Bike Chick
12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
How was that? I heard they opened it up to cyclists and pedestrians. Did they open both sides and IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT IT'S FINALLY OPEN:eek:?

uforgot
12-09-2009, 12:11 AM
I was going to do that and totally forgot about it! I'd also like to know how it was. Lots of people there?

irrealised
02-20-2010, 05:02 PM
I just saw this and wanted to say hi to everyone else in St Louis. I only have a mountain bike now so I wouldn't be much fun on the road (sloooowwww), but I like knowing what's going on around here. I'm also all excited because I got to bike around Forest Park today in the gorgeous weather... too bad it's not sticking around. It's almost spring though!

fastdogs
02-20-2010, 06:26 PM
irrealised, I would be back there with you on my hybrid, I don't want to embarrass my moutain bike by getting on it.
I haven't been on a bike in forever. But, unfortunately,thanks to Pfizer closing down the St Louis site, I will soon have a lot more time to ride.
vickie

Melalvai
02-21-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Pfizer has left St. L. That is the one place in industry I had some interest in working for. But I didn't pursue them too hotly, and apparently my resume alone impressed anyone there! Good luck finding another position, Vickie.

I'd be interested in meeting up with St. L cyclists, although from Columbia there's a good chance I just won't be able to come. The Katy would be a good excuse for me--I've never been that far east on the trail.

Bike Chick
02-22-2010, 06:07 PM
I've never been on the trail but have ridden past it when we do the MS150 in Columbia. It would be a good meeting place. I'm 1.5 hours to the southeast but would love to hook up with you ladies if you plan a place and time.

I don't have a bike I can ride on the trail just yet but am working on it;)