PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Cape Cod?

bluebug32
05-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I've been to the Cape many years ago, but looking to go for a few days this summer. Any recommendations for where to stay? I'm thinking mid-Cape. I would like to be in some of the cuter small towns (could stay somewhere where we could walk into town). Looking to do more seashore and National Park stuff than touristy attractions. Any lodging you'd recommend? Also, any specific towns you like? Thanks!

Crankin
05-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Well, mid Cape is very touristy, etc. but you might want to try Dennis, but on the Bay side/Rt.6A. Nice beaches and a bit quieter. If you want a place where you can walk to town, then Chatham is your best bet. Osterville also has a nice little downtown area, but again, it's busy in the summer.
We always stay in B and Bs. It's a lot more economical.
One thing you should do is the hike out of the trails of the MA Audubon center in Wellfleet. If the tide is right, you can hike 6-7 miles.

bluebug32
05-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, mid Cape is very touristy, etc. but you might want to try Dennis, but on the Bay side/Rt.6A. Nice beaches and a bit quieter. If you want a place where you can walk to town, then Chatham is your best bet. Osterville also has a nice little downtown area, but again, it's busy in the summer.
We always stay in B and Bs. It's a lot more economical.
One thing you should do is the hike out of the trails of the MA Audubon center in Wellfleet. If the tide is right, you can hike 6-7 miles.

Thanks! Any B&Bs you would recommend?

Crankin
05-19-2009, 03:11 PM
The place we stayed last June is called the Cobblestone Cottage B and B. It is in South Harwich. It's not a place that is walkable to a town, but it is close to stuff; very close to the bike trail, with a spur that takes you into Chatham. It's near Brewster, too. It's on the web.
It's a regular house with an addition that has the B and B rooms. She has a pool, too. Very nice and the breakfasts were great.

Iris616
06-04-2009, 03:20 AM
I just saw this post, so I'm a little late with the response. I would try Eastham or Truro if you want to be near the national seashore. The bike path runs through Eastham.
If you go to cyberrentals.com you can find lots of listings for houses/townhouses/ condos.
Good luck and have fun!