PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a riding/training buddy in DC,VA area

Je Suis Sam
05-12-2009, 06:54 AM
I just recently moved to the area and I am looking for a friend or a small group of riders to get out and ride with. I average about 15-17mph (and suck on hills, lol) and I am interested in possibly doing my first triathlon in the near future. Anyone know of any small group rides or looking for a riding/running/swimming buddy as well??

I would like to ride on Tues and Thurs afternoons and/or monday, wed, thurs mornings before work. I'm just trying to get in shape and back on the bike after the long winter.
I just started running, but find myself getting bored after 1/2 mile.

I am 22 years old and I ride a BH Connect. Love it! I have been riding for about 3 years now and i try to ride with my hubby, but he races and i just can't keep up!

Hope to get some responses on this!

sweetpotatopie
05-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Sorry, I'm in the Hampton Roads area . . . but if you find yourself down this way I'd be happy to ride with you!

7rider
05-12-2009, 08:57 AM
The only group I can think of who do those rides (schedule wise) might be Babes on Bikes (http://www.babesonbikes.org/). They're in Northern VA. But I think their rides tend to be a bit more casual then you're looking for.

dingster1
05-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Try Meetups.com and enter bicycling, zip code.