PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a training buddy in DC, VA area

Je Suis Sam
05-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I just recently moved to the area and I am looking for a friend or group of riders to get out and ride with. I average about 15-17mph and I am interested in possibly doing my first triathlon in the near future. Anyone know of any small group rides or looking for a riding/running/swimming buddy as well??

I would like to ride on Tues and Thurs afternoons and/or monday, wed, thurs mornings before work. I'm just trying to get in shape and back on the bike after the long winter.
I just started running, but find myself getting bored after 1/2 mile. :)

I am 22 years old and I ride a BH Connect. Love it! I have been riding for about 3 years now and i try to ride with my hubby, but he races and i just can't keep up!

Hope to get some responses on this!

tulip
05-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Potomac Pedalers has a variety of rides and lots of riders. You might want to go on some of their rides. Most are on the weekends. Same for Oxon Hill bike club, which has alot of rides in Maryland. Babes on Bikes is an organization in the area mostly of stay-at-homes, but they do ride during the week.

There's also a triathlon club that is pretty active, but I don't know anything about them. Worth a google.

Other than that, DC is a great place to commute by bike, and that is the best way to get cycling in during the week if you work away from home.

Possegal
05-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey there - you may want to post this in Mid-Atlantic, since that's where we DC-MD-VA types are. Though I'd imagine most folks are like me and just check for new posts, so they would end up seeing this anyway. But you also may want to peruse the Mid-Atlantic board and see if there is any info there that may help you. There are a number of cycling clubs in the area. As for me, I'm far too slow for you. :)

Cataboo
05-10-2009, 07:26 PM
If you ever feel like coming out to Frederick MD, which does have some beautiful countryside to bike through, I'll ride with you... I average about 15 mph around here currently, it's reasonably hilly though - so I'm a little slow for you, but hopefully will get a bit faster as the season goes on.

Check out WABA
http://www.waba.org/

Je Suis Sam
05-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Thanks for all the help, ladies! I will definately repost this in the mid-atlantic. :)

Being from oklahoma......im not used to the city life yet!

SOme of you say your too slow to keep up with me..haha...I really don't ride fast.....15-17 is when im pushing myself!