PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio cyclists?

moserpower
05-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm moving from Oakland to San Antonio in thrAugust 2009. I'm hoping to complement my job in academia with some serious biking. Anyone out there ride? Anyone know of any good hill/mountain riding so I can keep my enormous thighs the size they are now? Any good clubs? I'm coming with two great bikes and no athletic friends.

shetripsalot
05-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi, there! Not sure what part of SA that you are coming to...we have a group of girls that ride on a regular basis on country roads north of SA. We usually average 15-18 mph (some days faster, some days slower) with 18-20 mile routes 3-4 days a week and longer on the weekends. No matter what route we take, there will be plenty of hills.

Don't know if we meet your criteria for riding, but feel free to contact me if you are interested.

stacey
shetripsalot@aol.com:)

Triskeliongirl
05-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi, welcome. I ride with the San Antonio Wheelmen. Its a great club. Let me know when you are here, and we can plan to meet up at a ride if you would like. http://www.sawheelmen.com/

The riding in the texas hill country is great, which is where we do most of our weekend club rides, just a short drive from the city.

Where are you working? You mention academia, I work at the UT Health Science Center. PM me if you want.