PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Night Women's Rides - Begin May 5th!

SheFly
04-28-2009, 04:55 AM
The NEBC Tuesday Night Women's rides are back, beginning on May 5th! These rides all start at 6:00 pm from the Lexington Green. This is your opportunity to come out and ride with similarly skilled women in a no-stress environment. We accomodate women of all abilities!

Every week our groups will include:

A) Beginners group - 12-15 mph, 20 miles - for those not familiar with group riding or anyone needing a reminder about pace line etiquette
B) 15-17 mph group - 21.5 miles
C) 17-19 mph group - 26 miles
D) 19+ mph group - 26 miles

Please contact nebcwomensride@gmail.com or our website (http://www.northeastbicycleclub.org/home/article/480/)for more information. There is no cost to participants. Women only please. You do not need to be an NEBC member to join us. This ride is not for mountain bikes or hybrids. Tri-athletes, please remove aero bars for group riding.

I hope to meet some TE'ers over the summer!

SheFly
(Rocky Mountain Turbo - red/white or Kestrel Evoke - red/black w Zipp wheels)

mayanorange
04-28-2009, 08:51 AM
So since I'm slow, I'm a 'beginner' Hmmmmm... ;)

Will do what I can to make some of these!

SheFly
04-28-2009, 09:08 AM
So since I'm slow, I'm a 'beginner' Hmmmmm... ;)

Will do what I can to make some of these!

Probably wrong label ;)

I've watched women come out and start in the "slower" groups and quickly progress through to the faster groups over the season. C'mon out - will be great to meet you!

SheFly

kfergos
04-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Hmm, do you have any other similar rides, but not so close to Boston or on weekends? I can't make the time and place -- I work in Shrewsbury and live in Marlboro and already have a Tuesday night commitment anyway up in Holden -- but I'm interested in joining more group rides, particularly on weekends.

Also, general question: I ride alone, and I have some general group-riding etiquette, but no real paceline experience. When I ride by myself on 50+ mile rides, I average about 15 mph; riding with people on the STP last year, I averaged 15.9 mph over 200 miles. I guess puts me smack in beginner too, huh? :rolleyes:

mayanorange
04-30-2009, 09:22 AM
k- have you tried the Westboro Landry's? I joined the Natick store's Wednesday night ride and they're really nice.

Imperfectstorm
05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Great opportunity to improve skills, endurance and meet really nice women.

Thank you:cool:

SheFly
05-13-2009, 04:21 AM
ImperfectStorm - fess up - who were you? Which group did you ride with? I was there last night as well, so I KNOW I talked to you (I made everyone sign the waivers...).

And very glad that you had a good time!

SheFly

Imperfectstorm
05-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I road with the Newbeeies, :D
Purple REI funky frame road bike with a blue carbon fork & two colored handle bar tape:D:D