PDA

View Full Version : Womans bicycling vests and flannel robes

dbbert
12-07-2002, 01:26 PM
I'm shopping for a bike vest for my wife, it also happens to be the day I'm Christmas shopping for her also. I want to get her a cool looking bike vest, but all I can ever find are plain color ones. This goes for jackets also. Why is it we can have cool looking jersey's but not in vest and jackets? I even wrote a letter to Primal Wear asking that very question. They responed the very next day saying "The cost for jacket material is so expensive that it would be cheaper for them to make jackets for the NASA's space program". How is it, shebeast and others who make jackets for woman can't come up for some cool looking stuff.

Last thing, I'm shopping for my wife for a flannel robe for Christmas. No, not Grandmas flannel rope (partly because my wife would kick my butt, which is embarassing for a guy and because she just like me want her to have something nice looking). Why, why then are there no flannel robes for woman, but there are thick flesse, large terry etc?

Any way if anyone knows of something please let me know.

Thanks,
Don B. :)

Veronica
12-07-2002, 01:39 PM
Try LLBean or Land's End for the robe. Bean has some nice flannel. Land's End has flannel and some light polartec robes.

Not sure what you are looking for in a bicycling vest. But here's a link to a wool one from Rivendell.

http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/webalog/clothing/22113.html

Veronica

Irulan
12-08-2002, 06:50 AM
http://www.geckogear. com
has a lot of cool fleece cycle gear

han-grrl
12-10-2002, 05:44 PM
the cycling jackets i have seen with designs on them, have typically been special order ones through bike clubs. they simply don't make windbreakers (none that i have ever seen) with the cool print patterns as on the jerseys. you may want to contact a local bike club or popular bike shop to see if they have any custom made cycling jackets. what are you looking for in a jacket? just looks and a little warmth? pit zips? breathability? i am sure she would love any jacket you get her. i know i would love a gortex jacket for xmas :p

missliz
12-12-2002, 10:00 PM
You didn't say where you are, dbert, so I'm not sure what you all need in your climate, but Primal Wear makes all their long sleeve jerseys with full length zippers so they double as jackets. Pearl Izumi does some pretty nifty stuff like that too. As vests go you can get loud fleece in patterns but womens clothes in general are really hit and miss, and way different things are available from year to year. Also, most people only have a few vests but lots of jerseys, thats why they come in plain colors- mix and match with more, more practical for merchants to stock.
Title Nine Sports has neat multi sport stuff, and Nike has a jillion products. I have an acid green fleece wind front vest by Nike I love. But it's always a crap shoot. You could also look at Gita Bike (.com), they distribute fabulous Italian stuff but you'll need a dealer to get it, they're just to the trade.
There are actually people with fine arts training and textile expertise (like me:D !) who can art up anything with paint pens and such. Doesn't work on Gore Tex though, so depends on where you live and what you need for the climate. You could always comission something special for Valentines Day.

missliz