PDA

View Full Version : Selle Royal Lookin

Heifzilla
04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I really like this saddle. I have the moderate, so it's a bit wide (199 mm) but it is really good for me. It doesn't have a cut out, it's actually pretty darn flat, but it totally works for me. It's wide in the back and narrows in the horn so it isn't chafing my thighs. I have wide sit bones (not sure the exact measurement). I'm also a big (200+) gal with more butt than chest, and I seem to squish into a cut out and it's really not comfortable. My longest ride on this saddle has only been 12 miles, but it was really comfy and even from the very first time I rode on it, I didn't have any soreness at all, even when I got back on the next day. So far I have ridden about 60 miles on it and have had no soreness at all. With my old saddle (Selle Stratos Hyperplush that came with the bike), I was really hurting after only a few miles and the next day was brutal as well. That saddle was more rounded on the top and narrower, and my sit bones were straddling it and I did not realize this until I started riding again this year 5+ years off.

Anyway, I do like this saddle. I know it won't last as long as a Brooks but it works for me and for what I ride now. Maybe if I continue to ride more and more I will invest in a Brooks (I think the B68 would be plenty wide for me) but for a $50 saddle, I am very pleased with it. It is heavy, though, at 545g. My bike is a tank anyway :D

mayanorange
04-22-2009, 03:11 AM
I had one of these for a while- great for more upright riding! Didn't work in the drops though- too much ladybits squashing. Great comfy saddle!