PDA

View Full Version : Iron Mtn Road Climb Sun 6/19

yellow
06-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Care to join us for a nice continuous uphill climb in the Sierra Nevada foothills? We're planning to ride Iron Mountain Road (http://www.beautifulvista.com/Bike_Rides/iron_mountain_road_climb.htm) on Sunday, June 19.

This ride starts at about 4000' elevation and climbs to about 7500', so I guess it qualifies as an out-of-the-foothills-into-the-mountains ride. You ride up, admire the red firs, and ride down. It's a pretty ride that is much loved by the locals.

Expect to see some leftover snow patches and bloomin' wildflowers down low, plus lots of cyclists training for the Death Ride.

We'll be meeting in Placerville at 9 am. PM me for more details if'n yer interested in joining us!

y

SadieKate
06-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm in. Bubba's thinking about it (which means probably).

V, is Thom still planning to SAG and shoot? :D

Veronica
06-18-2005, 05:07 AM
We're in. He can't bring his good camera. It takes two hands. But he'll shoot with my "broken" one. He thinks the fall broke the image stabilization.

V.

yellow
06-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Bubba's thinking about it

THINKING ABOUT IT? What happened to his crazy climbing goal? He'd better come. This is a chance for almost 5000 easy ( :p ) feet!

Veronica
06-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah the whole reason we're doing this is that crazy climbing goal! Oh and for the scenery. And I guess the company's not bad either. :D

V.

SadieKate
06-18-2005, 12:39 PM
I suspect Bubba won't want to be left out of the misery, uh fun. I know I'm going to be hurting since I seem to have turned into a weekend warrior. This weather is driven me nuts.

yellow
06-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I think I've ridden 2X total since the Sierra Century. :eek: Maybe 3.

So we can be miserable together!