PDA

View Full Version : Hub size?? For Specialized Era FSR

kenyonchris
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, on sort of my Yakima roof rack problem...
I have a wonderful 2008 Specialized Era FSR mountain bike...in school bus orange. I love, love, love it, but as you may have seen, it does not work on my roof rack. I talked to Yakima, and they told me that if the hub is a 25mm "through hub" type it needed an adapter. I have no clue. I went online and looked, but can't find if this particular bike does or does not have this type hub. I found that information for OTHER bikes Specialized makes....hmmm. Anyone? Anyone?

SadieKate
04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Research the fork, not the bike.

There are 4 different levels of that bike this year. And components may change year to year. Just go look at the fork and research on that manufacturers web site.

Rockshox maybe? Fox?

Cataboo
04-16-2009, 05:07 PM
This might be something you've already looked into... But how old is your yakima rack mount & is it made to fit disc brakes?

Some of the older ones or cheaper ones didn't work with disc brakes (I think you said you have disc brakes somewhere on here before) unless they had an adapter.

SadieKate
04-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes, she did. But when she called Yakima, she didn't know what kind of fork she has. She does needs to research the fork first.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=30256

kenyonchris
04-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Fox it is. However, no idea what make/model or the problematic size of the hub. It seems to be the air valve more than the brakes that interfere...just from looking at it. I did uh, google it, but have gotten no further in the answer to the pesky question.