PDA

View Full Version : 13th Annual Walk & Roll on the River Fest

wackyjacky1
04-12-2009, 12:31 PM
This sounds like fun, and it's on a Sunday so I can actually participate! (I work Saturdays, so I don't get to do many of these type of events.)

13th Annual Walk & Roll on the River Fest

Sunday, May 31, 2009, 8:00 a.m. to noon.
Pearl Brewery, 312 Pearl Parkway, San Antonio, TX

Celebrate the Grand Opening of the San Antonio River Walk’s northward expansion! The celebration will have 5 and 10 km walks as well as short and long bike rides, entertainment, informational exhibits, and refreshments. This year’s Fest partners with the San Antonio River Authority to celebrate the Grand Opening of the San Antonio River Walk’s northern extension from Lexington Ave. to Josephine St. For more information call Lydia Kelly at kelly@sametroplan.org.

For more information about
Walk & Roll contact:
Lydia Kelly, Bicycle / Pedestrian Coordinator
San Antonio - Bexar County MPO
Phone: (210) 230-6911
Fax: (210) 227-9321
E-Mail: kelly@sametroplan.org

Link: http://www.walkandrollsa.com/

PS There is no registration for this event. Apparently you just show up and ride! :)

wackyjacky1
06-01-2009, 07:10 AM
So I did this ride yesterday and it was GREAT! It was basically the Mission Trail all the way to Mission Espada and back -- something like 22.5 miles. The new Riverwalk extension is beautiful -- I'm so proud of our city for creating something so amazing.

If you haven't ridden the Mission Trail, do it! It's an easy ride, and there are some gorgeous sights along the way.