PDA

View Full Version : My first triathlon... June 18, 2005!

KSH
06-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Well, this is what I have been planning for since October 2004.

This is the whole reason why I bought a road bike... why I stopped going out on the weekends and partying so much... why I get up early on Saturdays (to ride my bike)... why I got back into swimming again (I use to compete in HS).

So, here I am... it is just 5 days away... and I think I picked a perfect one for my first!

It is an all women's triathlon... 300 yard swim in a pool (no lake for my first time), 13 mile bike, and a 5K run.

I got my 300 yard swim down to a 5:30! Looking at the times last year, there were only 3 other women who beat that time!

As far as the cycling, I think I can hold a 15 MPH average. I HOPE! I am sure all those ladies I will pass in the pool, will pass me cycling!

And the running... well... my goal is a 10 minute mile! Again, I will get passed!

I suspect it will take me around 1 hour and 20 minutes to finish! I did a run through last Friday, and that is about all it took.

I am nervous about my transitions, but I have practiced it at home and have it all planned in my head. I HOPE I can get in and out in under a minute each time!

OK, after I have completed it... I will post the details!

And... of course... my main goal is to HAVE FUN!!!!

Wish me luck!

SJCzar
06-15-2005, 08:07 AM
GOOD LUCK,

It's been about 8 years since I in participated in my last Tri. The ones I did were around the same length as yours. It really is the most satisfied feeling when you complete the course. Everyone was always so supportive. Even the people that were the first to finish, hung around the finish line to cheer in all the competitors.

You'll be hooked after the first one. It's fun to compete against yourself and see the improvement that you can make.