PDA

View Full Version : Roumanians think it's funny, we are NOT amused.

papaver
04-03-2009, 03:07 AM
A roumanian truckdriver found it necessary to give a little show in his truck while driving on our roads. Everyday there are mortal accidents on our roads caused by distracted truckdrivers. I wonder why. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfF95PjAG4Q

Andrea
04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty amused :D

papaver
04-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm pretty amused :D

:mad::mad::mad:

solobiker
04-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I can't believe how irresponsible he is. I found it appalling. And I thought eating and driving was bad.:mad:

martinkap
04-03-2009, 05:26 PM
I definitely think that such behavior does not belong on the road and I hope the driver gets caught.

However, I also think that we should learn how spell name of each country properly. It is Romania not Roumania! Plus, I did read about 3 pages of the discussion since I speak several European languages and first of all the video was posted by Polish person and most of the comments in non-English are in Polish, and second of all, it does not appear that Romanians would think that the video is funny. There are plenty of English comments finding the video hilarious... The title of this thread is misleading and very wrong!

I just don't like when people stereotype without having an actual understanding of situation, people and customs in different countries. Especially, here in "United States of Ameurica" we should try to be smarter and avoid stereotyping!

Martina

Jones
04-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I just don't like when people stereotype without having an actual understanding of situation, people and customs in different countries. Especially, here in "United States of Ameurica" we should try to be smarter and avoid stereotyping!

Martina

I believe the OP lives in Europe.

papaver
04-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Yes, I'm Belgian. So I'm sorry for the mispelling of Romania (I'm not that good with languages). The Belgian authorities asked for a reaction of the Romanian truck company and they thought it was a funny clip. I'm sure that there are lots of people (even romanians) that understand our situation. Belgium is a typicial transit land and our roads are overcrowded with trucks. Every day there are deadly accidents on our roads caused by truckdrivers like this one...

Mr. Bloom
04-04-2009, 01:31 AM
But of course, American truck drivers would never do this:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

papaver
04-04-2009, 03:25 AM

Martina

What is there to understand? What custom should make his actions right? Road safety is essential. No matter where he comes from. Period.

I take that road weekly and believe me when you're at (or is it in ?) the back of a traffic jam you just pray (even if you're not religious) that the truckdrivers behind you see you in time.

That truckdriver does a couple of things wrong: he rides without shoes (forbidden in our country), he drives on cruise control (forbidden on that highway) and the rest you can see for yourselves.

So no stereotyping here... it's just reality.

Tuckervill
04-04-2009, 04:20 AM
But of course, American truck drivers would never do this:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Their big bellies and cell phones would get in the way.*

Karen

*stereotype alert

Mr. Bloom
04-04-2009, 08:01 AM
What is there to understand?

I'm with you on this one.