PDA

View Full Version : Specialized demo days - Spokes Vienna store

ny biker
03-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Just got this email from Spokes etc:

Dear Bicycle Enthusiast,

Whoa! Hold on to your helmets! The Specialized Designs For Women Demo Team is rolling into Spokes Etc. in Vienna, VA. My sweet floral demo van is packed with the latest Designs for Women bicycles. I dare you to try our newly designed Era on the dirt. Prefer pavement? I've got Dolces and Rubies for you. Here's what you need to try one out:

Helmet
Shoes
Picture ID and Credit Card
Water
All your riding buddies

Who: All Women

When: April 3, 12pm-dark

April 4, 10am-5pm

Where: Spokes Etc.

224 Maple Ave. East

Vienna, VA 22180

http://spokesetc.com/

Kalidurga
03-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Very cool that they're having a demo day just for women, but "sweet floral demo van"? Ick.

ny biker
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
I read it fast so I didn't even notice that part. Weird.

ny biker
03-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Conte's in Arlington is also having a ladies night. I guess Specialized is making the rounds.

http://contebikes.com/page.cfm?PageID=614

Oh yes it’s LADIES NIGHT! Thurs. April 2, 7 p.m.
6:15 p.m. Ladies Only Ride

Considering a new bike? Curious about other bike styles and how they might feel to ride? Do you like to stay in the loop with the latest cycling products? Conte’s in Arlington will host Specialized Bicycles on Thursday, April 2, as they bring in a slew of their '09 Designed for Women (D4W) bikes.

We will hold a group ride starting at 6:15 p.m. during which you are welcome to demo any bikes they bring* (or any bike in the shop).

Starting at 7:00 p.m., Specialized will explain what differentiates a D4W bike, what the benefits are for you, Body Geometry components (saddles, shoes, gloves, chamois, etc.); how to dress for the weather, and tools and equipment you need to get started. We will also talk about the importance of doing a bike fit, as well as perform a demonstration of a bike fit.

Wine and light snacks will be served and we’ll hold a raffle with some great giveaways. REMEMBER, this is a LADIES ONLY EVENT – feel free to bring a friend!

RSVP if you plan to attend (see their website for the email address).

* All riders must provide an ID which will be held while they demo a bike, and they must sign a release form from Specialized. All riders must wear a helmet.