PDA

View Full Version : What's your RealAge? Ask the drug companies....

salsabike
03-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Wow. I've never taken this online test but I remember other people here talking about it. Look at what it's used for--

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/technology/internet/26privacy.html?_r=1&em

bmccasland
03-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Buyer be ware. If it sounds too good to be true.....

I wonder if you could take the survey without signing up - such as giving them your email address, or giving them a fake one? I have opted out of taking some surveys when they want my contact info - if they're after information, then they don't need to be able to reach me in the future. On the other hand, my cat does have an email address - she does most of my on-line ordering.

Biciclista
03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
yes, you can do that.
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, your doctor doesn't know everything, nor does he ask as many comprehensive questions as this survey does. So in a way, this could help you.
But being powered by drug companies is scary, because I already know how greedy they are. ooooh you have this symptom. you NEED this drug.

ny biker
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM
I only just recently started getting RealAge emails from drug companies. They used to just send general emails of the "did you know that XX food is a good source of yy" variety.

Anyway I just delete them now without reading them.

BleeckerSt_Girl
03-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Beware of anything on the internet that asks questions.
Everyone's out there to make money, and personal information is worth plenty.

pinkychique
03-26-2009, 12:10 PM
That sounds like a really good way of making people hyperchondriacs. If they aren't already from the drug ads on TV.
I'm one to think that most of the time (though admittedly not all) the best treatment is exercise, yoga, and eating lots of fruits and veggies. Nothing can replace those.