PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Virginia Rides

tulip
03-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi all, there are a couple of good rides coming up in Virginia (I'm doing all three). I'm posting this in Mid-Atlantic and Southeast to cover all the bases.

May 9th: Cap-to-Cap ride between Richmond and Williamsburg. Two century options, and shorter options. www.virginiacapitaltrail.org

May 15-17: Tour de Chesapeake, Mathews. Lots of distance options. www.bikechesapeake.org

June 19-24: Bike Virginia, Charlottesville area. Journey Through Hallowed Ground for all you history buffs. Plus beautiful rolling terrain. www.bikevirginia.org/2009/index.htm

Aint Doody
03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Tulip! What a temptress you are. Wish I weren't so far away.

kaybee
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Tulip! What a temptress you are. Wish I weren't so far away.

ME TOO!!!!

KB

Zen
04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
I can't afford anymore dog boarding this year :(

AnnieBikes
04-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Tulip, I am going to Bike Virginia! I am camping and there is a group of us from this area going! I am celebrating my 35th anniversary on the trip! :D I can't wait. I did this ride last year when it was in my "home court". I stayed at home because DH was doing Bike Tour of Colorado with two of our sons. I did the ride each day and then came home to cook for my father-in-law and organized a shuttle with a friend who wanted to ride, too but wanted to sleep at home! It worked out really well, even though the days were long with the shuttles. Since the camp only moved every other day, it wasn't so bad and I got to ride with friends!

Are you camping or staying in the hotel?

tulip
04-23-2009, 04:35 PM
I can't afford anymore dog boarding this year :(

I feel your pain! I've only had my dog since December, and I've boarded him twice for 10 days each (actually he goes to his rescuer's house, which he loves--they have six other border collies and they all go crazy together). I'll have to board him for Bike Virginia and then also for a family beach trip...I wish I could bring him because he adores the beach--tirelessly rounds up the waves. Even with my great arrangement, it gets pricey. This is one of the things that almost kept me from getting a dog in the first place.

Annie, I'm staying in the hotels. Camping and me do not mix too well, especially when there are double centuries involved. You certainly had the good setup last year. The Capital-to-Capital ride starts one mile from my house. It'll be very convenient, indeed.