PDA

View Full Version : I like the Windie XC, how about a Jett?

woohoo
03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi gals, I recently put a Specialized Windie XC 143 on my commuter setup mtb, and have found it to be pretty comfy. It's not amazing, but I can ride the trainer for 2hrs without any trouble. I just bought a 2nd hand road bike, though, and the bontrager saddle on it is going to have to go! :eek:

Today I trailed around all of the bike shops in my area, and none of them has a saddle demo programme, so it looks like I'll have to take the plunge and buy a saddle. Having looked at the specialized website, it looks like the Jett might be pretty close in shape/size to the Windie XC that I have. The main reasons I liked the Windie were that it has a good cutout, and it's much firmer than any other mtb saddles I've tried, so am thinking I'd like those features in my new road saddle. If I have to start somewhere, do you think the Jett would be a good place to start?

Thanks, Lynne.

kermit
03-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I didn't like the jett but loved the ruby. The jett is hard but the cutout and padding is so deep, it pushes parts where they are not supposed to go. Give them a try. I ordered a couple of saddles straight from specialized and the ones I hated they returned without question.

HillSlugger
03-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I have a Jett 143 on my Specialized Sequoia and like it a lot on that bike.

woohoo
03-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Sounds like both Jett and Ruby are worth a go. I'm not sure if it's possible to buy direct from Specialized in the UK (doesn't seem to be from their website) so I might have to either take the plunge or come up with a plan B...

Thank you, Lynne.