PDA

View Full Version : computer program that simulates mountain biking

SboarderC
11-25-2002, 03:30 PM
I went to the Sea Otter Classic in 2002. While there I seen in one of the booths, a program that links your bicycle with your computer. You were able to simulate various bike rides while watching the computer screen. Does anyboby know what program this it? I have been looking for it for several months. :confused:

MM_QFC!
11-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Hey SboarderC,
Sounds like you may have seen
CompuTrainer; they've got a lot of different applications for roadies and more than likely they also have some fun mtb training software too...my LBS owner has one set up in her shop, trying to entice us to analyze our cadence, etc, but I haven't tried it yet...looks pretty cool tho...try looking for computrainer.com online; that should get you pretty close.
Good luck and hang on!
MM_QFC!

SboarderC
11-25-2002, 04:39 PM
Thanks MM-QFC!
I'll look up computrainer online....see if I have any luck

MM_QFC!
11-25-2002, 04:53 PM
also, I sent an email to a friend...she's a retired downhiller (not sure of the proper term in mtb-land, but she raced for years); she was trying to talk me into joining her team to go to the SeaOtter this year and, after I recovered from the shock of her thinking she'd get me on a mountain bike in a cross country race, I ran screaming in the opposite direction! Just kidding, she's still a buddy and probably has more info that I can pass on to you. Let us know what you find out w/compu trainer; I'm sure it may be helpful to others here.

goddess1222
11-25-2002, 08:05 PM
greg lemond and the saturn team are really into the compu trainer programs. i saw it on nbc, a few months back, right before the saturn team went off to colorado to do the saturn classic. probably not much help to you, just my 2cents.