PDA

View Full Version : Metric Century in the Berkshires 8/27/05

Asphaltgirl
06-08-2005, 06:23 AM
Morning all! Just thought I'd post this, just in case anyone is going to be in my neck of the woods --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Biking Friends,
I am involved in the Hoosic River Watershed Association
and they are putting on their first annual
Metric Century Ride. Aug 27th www.hoorwa.org and click on the heron on the top right of the page
this is a benefit for the watershed

It will be a fun day and a nice ride for folks that would like to do a ride. This is also a good ride to set as a goal
for the summer, to get yourself out riding if you have not done a long ride like this.
There will be support along the way
on a scienic route through the three states of NY, MASS and Vermont...
There will be training sessions
for folks from beginners to hard riders on Wednesday
nights at 6:00 starting at the Adams Visitors Center
on the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail, in Adams
There will be people there to lead rides from easy rides on the trail to
hill climbing and training.

The Hoosic River Watershed Association is dedicated to the restoration,

conservation and recreational enjoyment of the Hoosic River and its watershed,

through education, research and advocacy. We envision a watershed that is ecologically

sound and adds to the quality of life of its residents.

~~AG~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

spazzdog
06-08-2005, 06:56 AM
AsphaltGirl, are you riding this? Long or short course?

Maybe I can get my butt in gear and train for this one ;). Any other east coast TE'ers interested... this could be an "official" TE gathering opportunity for us.

spazzdog

Asphaltgirl
06-08-2005, 07:10 AM
If I can get MY azz in shape, I'd love to shoot for the metric. But it's been a while since I've done anything over 40 miles. But, hey, it gives me a goal!

Would love to meet some TE sisters--you have not idea how close I was to driving out and meeting you guys, last Saturday morning, for your ride!

~~AG~~

spazzdog
06-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Is there a place that's near by that's inexpensive for a 2 night stay? I'd come in the day before and leave the day after so's to properly rest my old bones :D

How 'bout it New Englanders? Shall we make a big 'doin's of this one?

spazzdog

DeniseGoldberg
06-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Sounds like this could be a good ride, but I need to firm up my touring plans for later in the summer before I commit. Late August or early September is the timeframe that is bouncing around my head for a tour. So maybe...

But AG - maybe you can join us on one of our eastern MA rides too!

--- Denise

Asphaltgirl
06-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Spazz-finding an inexpensive motel in the Williamstown area on a summer weekend might be tricky. Let me check out a few possibilities that might work.

Just finished checking out the ride route--4 mile climb almost right away.....and its a steep one.......(I've already bonked!). Though once you get to the top the rest of the route looks pretty okay. Just have to get over the mountain first........gulp.

Denise-I would love to join you, some weekend. Almost showed up last weekend but figured I'd have to leave awfully early to get out to you. But don't count me out...

~~AG ~~

newfsmith
06-09-2005, 04:12 PM
I may be interested, with the usual "gotta check" (work schedule, hubby's plans, CE meetings, etc.). Also, I'll know a lot more about how I feel about large group rides after the Pan-Mass Challenge 8/6/05, and I'm another non-racer.