PDA

View Full Version : March/April weight loss thread

Pages : [1] 2

Possegal
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey folks - we're gearing up for another 2 month period of weight loss! :) I myself just signed up for a boot camp, time to jump start this. Of course if I weren't so incapable of waking up in the AM, the idea of a boot camp would be more enticing. :) I've done one before and did great at it, I just hate the waking up part. Oh well, I'm sure not losing weight sleeping in!

So, we will weigh in this Friday for a our first day - March 6th. On Friday, post your start weight and what your goal weight is for the final weigh in day of May 1st!

Over50Newbie
03-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm in! :)

Thanks, Possegal for doing this again.

Looking forward to Friday!

Lynette

Karma007
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm in! For the whole time this time, no more drive-bys!

solobiker
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Of course I am in. This time I will have progress towards my goal:D

Susan Otcenas
03-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm in too. Put me down for a goal of 130, please. That's my Weight Watchers goal weight too!

GLC1968
03-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Of course I am in. This time I will have progress towards my goal:D

Me too! :cool:

And my goal will remain the same as last time since I didn't even come close: 160 lbs

Lori81295
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
sign me up.....lets readjust my goal to 143....thank you for doing this.

kjay
03-02-2009, 04:16 PM
In for another try with a readjusted goal of 174. Maybe being more realistic will help. ;)

channlluv
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Me too! I'm still charged up over the five pounds I lost in the last go-round.

Goal for March/April: 235.

Woohoo!

Roxy

Over50Newbie
03-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Well, as long as we are putting our goals up now, please put mine at 134.

This is a BIG, BIG, BIG goal for me, because it is my final weight goal. Once I reach this number, I will reassess to see if I want to go lower, but for right now, this is the weight that I want to get to.

I made this weight goal almost five years ago, at age 50, when I decided to finally get off my butt and live a healthier life style. I am going to be very, very happy when I reach it.

If I get to my goal weight during this challenge, it means that, in the last 4 1/2 years, I will have lost a total of 35 pounds of fat, and gained 15 pounds of muscle, for a net loss on the scale of 20 pounds.

I am only five feet tall, so this is a significant amount of weight for me, and it has taken a long time to get this close. I am most proud of the fact that I have also gained 15 pounds of muscle in the process of losing this weight.

I can't believe how strong and healthy I have become in this process.

So, wish me good luck - if I don't reach my goal weight this time, I will definitely make it during the next challenge. I am finding the pounds are much harder to lose as I get closer to my ideal weight.

Oh, and by the way, at 134 pounds, my BMI will be 26.2, which will still tell me I am "Overweight," which I will definitely not be. So to those of you that are very muscular, like I am, please don't pay attention to your BMI - it really isn't an accurate measure of your healthy weight.

Good luck to everyone in this challenge! :)

Lynette

Aggie_Ama
03-03-2009, 05:53 AM
I am in. Goal will remain at 140.

minn
03-03-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm in, I have to be. I was at a very happy weight last spring, but somehow managed to gain a lot of weight. Bummer :(

My goal weight will be 127.

Woohoo, here we go!

Susan Otcenas
03-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Lynette - your determination shines right through your post! Thanks for sharing it with us! And congratulations on getting so close to your weight. You've obviously sustained a healthy lifestyle for several years, which means you're more likely to keep it off once you hit your goal. WooHoo!

Karma007
03-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Please put me down for 130, well toned thank you!

I re upped my WW (I have been eating well nutritionaly, but WAYYYY too much!), and look forward to the challenge. I lost 20lbs last year, but then life got complicated. While I haven't gained any back, I'm a little squishy. Sqishy doesn't get me up hills, so here we go! My happy bike riding vegan butt is back on the wagon. :p

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

gnat23
03-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Ok, darn it, this time I'm doin' it for real. Goal: 130

-- gnat!

ASammy1
03-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm in too! Thanks posse! My goal for the two months is 205.

martinkap
03-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi Possegal!

Thanks for keeping up the charts! I am signing in again. Currently 153.5lbs (or should I wait till Friday for the first weigh in?). My goal is 149 lbs. I am fighting the nature here. Even though I am still kind of chubby, my body just does not want to cross the 153-152 line... I am determined to win this one :)

Martina

Blueberry
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm in and *ahem* I'll try to stick to it this time:) Life does get in the way. Goal weight: 200.

Possegal - many thanks for doing this. It's a LOT of work, I'm sure, but it really helps!

Possegal
03-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Really all the work was done by Martina, I'm just copying the original chart into the next months. Also, I'm a scientist so I love to see charts and numbers. :) So this is right up my alley. Be happy I haven't started graphing anything. ;)

polly4711
03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Possegal- what type of scientist are you?

Goal weight.... Can I tell you once I weigh in? :)

Possegal
03-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Most definitely you can set your goal once you weigh in. I do the same, though I have an idea, a lot will depend on how bad this week goes. :)

I'm a dr of pharmacology/toxicology. Drugs-R-Us. :)

lauraelmore1033
03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Gaaah! Some of you weigh as much as I need to lose. But I am oficially “on a diet” (due to inflamation issues and knee pain that would probably go away if I took a load off), so I might as well go public. Istarted at 277 shortly after Christmas, and have gotten it down to 266 as of today. I'll aim for 256ish,I think.

Susan Otcenas
03-05-2009, 08:10 AM
lauraelmore1033, congrats on the 11 pound loss! And welcome to the thread. :) The more the merrier.

I like the two month time horizon of these challenges because it breaks the desired loss into small, manageable chunks instead of us having to put out a number that seems impossible far away.

Susan

Mistie
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Current weight 149 lbs, goal weight: 139 lbs. I have discovered (after blood letting numerous times) that I am borderline diabetic and have had to change my diet in a major way. This saddens me because no one in my family has diabetes and I developed gestational when I was pregnant. My GI doc (because the diabetes seems to attack my liver and sugar numbers are low) has told me that in August, I have to weigh LESS than 135 lbs. Sigh. I hate diet changes!
Mistie

tulip
03-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Well, all this winter cold has gotten me feeling pretty unfit, so I'm going to do this also. I don't have much to lose, but I'm aiming for 5 lbs. So I'm currently 129, so my goal is 124.

skinimini
03-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello all. I'd love to be a part of this challenge. I've been on WW for about a year and have lost 61 lbs to date. I've stalled for the past few weeks, even with changing my fitness routine. I've given up wine for Lent, so I hope that will give a little boost. Put me down for goal of 154 on May 1 (that's 5 lbs from my weight now).

lauraelmore1033
03-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks Susan. I think the 11 pounds came straight off my hips and bust. Hopefully, I will start getting less apple-ier one of these days instead of more....

At this point, I would be thrilled to death (and sooo much faster) if I ONLY weighed 200:eek:. At least I wouldn't be bigger than DH.

Laterider21958
03-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi,

If you don't mind, I'll join in too. Weighed in at 68.8 kg and would love to get to 66. Plan to up my exercise regime (been slack lately and haven't ridden or walked for weeks) to kick-start the process.

Do we have to report on progress every so often, or just at the end of the experiment?

Good luck to all. :D

Susan Otcenas
03-06-2009, 04:34 AM
Alrighty, here we go! Starting off this 2-month challenge at 137.5. I'm gunning for 130.

Have a great week everyone!

Susan

minn
03-06-2009, 05:15 AM
I am at 134...working towards 127 :)

ASammy1
03-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Ooooohh! Forgot to weigh myself this morning... I will make my update tomorrow.

Blueberry
03-06-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm at 230 (ugh) this morning. More realistically, would like to be 210 in 2 months.

CA

Veronica
03-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Tucker would like to join. He currently weighs 17.5 pounds. The vet thinks he'll be ok if he doesn't gain anymore. But we would like him to lose a pound or two. He's only 18 months old, very active and the two kitties eat only a cup to a 1 1/3 cups of dry food a day. He does not seem to eat more than Cassie. The vet thinks maybe he is getting too many carbs and that we may need to switch to wet food.

Tucker's mom weighs 155 today and she would like to get to 148 or so.

Veronica

Eden
03-06-2009, 06:07 AM
The vet thinks maybe he is getting too many carbs and that we may need to switch to wet food.

Tucker's mom weighs 155 today and she would like to get to 148 or so.

Veronica
(bit of a hijack here)
If you take Tucker off the carbs he likely will slim down. Since the pet food scare I've done a bit of research.... turns out cats are true carnivores- the atkins diet is just right for them.... They really need pretty much 0 carbs. In the wild they wouldn't get anything more in the way of grains and vegetables than what might be in the stomachs of their prey. If you feed dry, its best to look for a grain free food (no supermarket brands fit this at all...) - better yet feed grain free canned or if you are feeling more daring go raw. Cats also evolved in the desert - their ancestors got all of their moisture from food and they have little instinct to drink water (and poor mechanical means... unlike dogs they are very inefficient at lapping up water), so many strictly dry fed cats are always somewhat dehydrated. My two slimmed down pretty quick when I made the switch - and they stopped drinking from a bowl completely (I went 100% canned).

Veronica
03-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Continuing the hijack...

That's interesting. We're giving him a month on the weight reduction formula dry food. And if he is still too heavy, we'll switch then to a high quality canned food. We're weighing both of them once a week - Cassie is a little peanut and we don't want her getting too light.

They do both drink a LOT of water. Much more than our previous two kitties. But those kitties got canned food.

Veronica

Lori81295
03-06-2009, 06:16 AM
starting weight 149.....

Aggie_Ama
03-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Starting weight: 143.5

I weighed 3 times because I am shocked, WW weigh-in on Monday was 146.5. Goal is still 140 because it has been slow moving off the 145-146 plateau, still think I am only down because my tummy has been angry the past two days. :rolleyes:

GLC1968
03-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Ugh - first weigh-in is 173.3! :eek: I need to change my goal to 165, please.

I have no idea why I'm up so much, but it is what it is. Onward and downward, as they say.

trinena
03-06-2009, 08:28 AM
hi all. I've been away for a while but would like to join the challenge. I weighed in at 122 this a.m. my ultimate goal is to get back to @110-112 but for this challenge I'll say 117 since I'm limited by a knee injury and have to take things slower than I'd like. good luck everyone!

five one
03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I've skipped the last couple challenges, but need to get back on the bandwagon. Through the winter I've lost the motivation to exercise regularly and as a result, have found a few extra pounds.

This morning - 137.8
Goal this time - 130

lauraelmore1033
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
265.6 for me

Possegal
03-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey folks - I'm including the link to the spreadsheet for everyone. I can post a picture if folks prefer, or just keep posting the link in my responses. Up to you folks. I've added in what was posted today - converted the kg to lbs just because we now have a total for the whole group calculation and that would skew it downward. :) I can also put a separate line if you would like laterider, where it presents as the kg number, just let me know.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pun9UgArTpm_7PeY5pbsKDg&hl=en

Susan Otcenas
03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Starting weight: 143.5

I weighed 3 times because I am shocked, WW weigh-in on Monday was 146.5.

Congrats on breaking through the plateau.

Ya know, I've had the same experience several times over the past 4 months. I've been doing pretty much the same thing week after week after week. Some weeks the scale barely budges, other weeks it moves 3 pounds. It's almost like my body says "ok fine, if you're really going to keep working this hard, I'll let some fat go", after which it promptly digs in it's heels again and gets stubborn. Last week was 3 pounds, this week just 0.5 pounds. I can't explain it, but as long as it goes in the right direction, I guess I'm cool with that.

Susan

kjay
03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Weighing in at 180

Jones
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm joining if it's okay. My starting weight is 197 and my goal weight is 181.
Thank you Possegal for doing this. Jones

Veronica
03-06-2009, 10:47 AM
You left Tucker Cat out. :D

Veronica

GLC1968
03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Just came back to commit to this in public. I just re-joined MyFoodDiary.com in place of WW (which I cancelled). I'm going to start logging again. In fact, I'm making a commitment TODAY that I will log every single thing I eat (to the best of my abilities) for the next two months.

There, it's out there and in writing.

Hold me to this, will you? :D

Possegal
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
I wasn't sure of Tucker-cat's goal weight - he is aiming to maintain? :)

The cat in my avatar is my Mum's cat, who I took in when she died. He's a big boy, always was, but when I took him, he ballooned to 21 lbs. I said to my vet - oh no, I'm one of those owners, aren't I? She laughed, said yes, then asked someone to help me get him to the car. This is a cat only clinic - I said to her that I bet she didn't have to do that often, and she said no.

So we put him on a kitty diet. Eventually, he got to just under 16 lbs. But I told her I learned that kitty dieting is just as hard as people dieting. He was obsessed with his food!

He died of cancer in January and by then was down to 3+ lbs, it was so very weird to see that. Especially since his nickname among my friends was "big boy Bailey", "fatcat", many jokes on his weight.

Oh Bailey, I miss you!!

Veronica
03-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Tucker's goal is 15 pounds. He'd really like to lose his belly. The girl kitties think he's had too much beer. :eek:

It's so hard when we lose our babies. That's why Tucker is joining up. I want him to have a long, healthy life.

Veronica

solobiker
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I am currently at 150 with a goal of 140.

Over50Newbie
03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Okay, here we go:

Starting Weight: 139.2
Goal Weight: 134

Lynette

polly4711
03-06-2009, 06:09 PM
currently at 162 with goal weight of 151

gnat23
03-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Woot! Start: 136, Goal: 130

-- gnat!

ASammy1
03-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Start 217, goal is 207!

channlluv
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
245 for me, so no loss this week, but I learned how to make crab cakes and stuffed mushrooms (darn Food Channel!) and we ate out at a Mexican place last night and I might have overindulged a bit on the chips and salsa - service was slow. Yeah, I'll blame that. Ha!

lauraelmore - I'm right there with ya, sister. I was at 258 a year ago this month. It's been a very gradual loss for me, but I found cycling last August and loved it. I even did a short "tour" ride - 18 miles, and I had my regular training rides up to 25 miles when I wrecked my bike and had to get off-saddle for PT on my shoulder. My chiropractor is about ready to release me to start the longer rides again, and I've been on the bike for a couple of short five-milers, but I've got a lot of retraining to do.

Most of the time I feel wonderful about my new healthier self, but this week a friend at school who is putting our yearbook together took my picture reading to the kids in the library (I work there part-time in the mornings). I was sitting in an antique rocking chair with a bunch of 8-year-olds on the floor in front of me and I was holding up a book and smiling, getting ready to read to them, and my hips are literally spilling out around the spindles of the chair. I couldn't believe how roly-poly I looked. I actually asked her not to use the picture. It was shocking. I've got such a long, long way to go.

But what am I going to do about it?

1. Lay off the chips and salsa - easy
2. Get back on my bike for longer rides - also easy now that the weather is back to beautiful and my shoulder is healing
3. Keep hanging out here at TE for the love, encouragement and support these people offer up so generously

lauraelmore1033
03-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the encouragement C. You were actually the one who inspired me to chime in here

channlluv
03-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Oh man, I inspired you to chime in? Now I have to keep riding and losing. I don't want to un-inspire anyone. <g>

Roxy

martinkap
03-08-2009, 07:21 AM
153.5 lbs ... goal 149 lbs

I am so frustrated that my weight is not moving! I have to keep reminding myself how thrilled I was when I first got below the magical 154lbs (70kg)...

Martina

lauraelmore1033
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
:D:D:cool:

Laterider21958
03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey folks - I'm including the link to the spreadsheet for everyone. I can post a picture if folks prefer, or just keep posting the link in my responses. Up to you folks. I've added in what was posted today - converted the kg to lbs just because we now have a total for the whole group calculation and that would skew it downward. :) I can also put a separate line if you would like laterider, where it presents as the kg number, just let me know.

Thanks Possegal. I had a look at the spreadsheet and I think that I'd prefer to be up there with the lbs as I kind of "blend" with the rest of the crew. Below the line I stand out as I'm only one of two and the 2nd is way lighter than me!:D The spreadsheet cleared up my questions regarding progress reports. Making it weekly will keep us all motivated.

Have begun my new exercise regime to kick start the weight loss. Yesterday did 9 kms and today 11.5 kms - I'm building up slowly. The tyres are all pumped. I'm talking about both the tyres on my bike and the ones around my middle :D

Laterider.

jesvetmed
03-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Posse: Sorry to be so delinquent! I DO want to join up again. I need the incentive!
I'm down to 170.6 at this time. My goal for the end of April: 156.
That would be HUGE for me! But I'm feeling it more than the last few months.
Now... what do I do with those DAM*@% girl scout cookies in my freezer?!:eek:

Possegal
03-09-2009, 07:01 AM
No worries Jes - and for anyone else reading this thread, it is NEVER too late to join in. I've got no problems adding in a line at anytime in the two month interval. Don't put off joining us because you think you got involved too late.

Susan Otcenas
03-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Now... what do I do with those DAM*@% girl scout cookies in my freezer?!:eek:

Put them in the kitchen at your workplace with a "Please Eat Me" sign on them. Works like a charm around here. :D

Veronica
03-09-2009, 07:13 AM
I brought the postal scale in this weekend for weighing Tucker. He was 17.02 pounds, not 17.5. His goal is still the same though. He's very happy to be included too. :D

Veronica

Possegal
03-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I brought the postal scale in this weekend for weighing Tucker. He was 17.02 pounds, not 17.5. His goal is still the same though. He's very happy to be included too. :D

Every bit matters!! One of the last times Bailey was weighed before cancer started the weight loss, the scale was moving between 15+ and 16 lbs. The tech was about to write down 16 lbs and I told her - he has worked so very hard to lose weight, 15.9 sounds so much better. :) She laughed and wrote down 15.9 lbs.

I bring things like candy and cookies to my office all the time. They are gone in a heartbeat. I may have one, but if I kept them at home, I'd eat them all!

jobob
03-09-2009, 07:37 AM
May I join? :o

I had a body composition analysis done this past Saturday (I stood on a scale-like contraption which used electrical impedance to determine the amounts of lean body mass and body fat I'm lugging about). The results were not pretty. :p

Weight: 163.6 lbs <--- you can use that as my Friday 3/6 start weight
BMI: 25.6
Lean body mass: 108.2 lbs
Body fat mass: 55.4 lbs
Percent body fat: 33.9 :eek:
(which makes me 66.1 percent fat-free, but it doesn't sound good that way either).

They suggest I lose 23 lbs of fat, while retaining my lean body mass. Now, I was 140 lbs a few years back and everyone told me I was looking gaunt (or, as my gyno put it, "Honey, when you get to be our age, it comes off our faces first" ) so a bit under 150 is more reasonable for me.

So my short-term goal for the end of April is 155, or a little over a pound per week.

(I plan to get another composition analysis/LT test done sometime in June and I hope to be between 145-148 by then.)

Karma007
03-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Put them in the kitchen at your workplace with a "Please Eat Me" sign on them. Works like a charm around here. :D

I was so good at NOT getting any of these, untill they had the "Brownies" dressed up like cookies outside my grocery store on Friday, when I was feeling weak to begin with. Yes, I did eat 1/2 a box. Threw my WW points all to whack, despite a 50 mile ride on Saturday...little demons and their cookies...

Possegal
03-09-2009, 07:59 AM
You are definitely welcome to join in jobob, I've got you added!!

jobob
03-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Thankyee kindly! :cool:

maillotpois
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Ok I am in. (Do I get credit for the 11 lbs I lost in Jan/Feb? :p ).

I'm at 180 now. I do WW and weigh in on Sundays. Goal for 5/1 is 174. I don't know why. I also do regular body composition analysis like what Jo did (though with the pinchers instead of the impedence thing.) Anyway, I was pretty pleased that my lean body mass remained the same between December and February, though I lost 11 lbs. Means I lost FAT which is certainly the goal. :D So I will be doing another testing probably mid-April and we'll see how it goes.

I need to drink less wine for sure. :rolleyes:

gnat23
03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Stupid bloat. Between Friday morning and this morning (Monday), scale went up 3.5 pounds. I know that's not fat gain, and I know I had some candy at the movie theater last night, but sheesh the subconsious part of my brain is having a difficult time thinking I can do anything right now. Grr.

Hopefully it'll all right itself by this coming Friday. Just makes me wish I could have these goals without all the emotional attachment.

-- gnat!

sundial
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
'Kay, Maillotpois and I have the same weight loss goals. :) Count me in.

jesvetmed
03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Put them in the kitchen at your workplace with a "Please Eat Me" sign on them. Works like a charm around here.

Well, my hubby should take care of the girl scout cookies without much issue!
And, I'm selling chocolates for the Breast Cancer 3-Day at my office, so I don't want to provide FREE cookies! Selfish -- yes, but in a giving sort of way! :p

Possegal
03-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Sundial - is your start weight also the same as maillotpois? Just checking.

kjay
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM

Sundial, I looked all over for a previous post from you but then realized there was none. However, you are on the chart. :-) Yes, you, Maillotpois, and I have the same goal weight, and Maillotpois and I have the same current weight; however I'm aware that she's one tough biker, so that explains why I'm all flab and she's all muscle. :D

Possegal
03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Sundial, I looked all over for a previous post from you but then realized there was none. However, you are on the chart. :-)

I just added her to the chart. :) I'm that fast!

maillotpois
03-09-2009, 02:24 PM

It's like you're a stalker. :cool:

maillotpois
03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Yes, you, Maillotpois, and I have the same goal weight, and Maillotpois and I have the same current weight; however I'm aware that she's one tough biker, so that explains why I'm all flab and she's all muscle. :D

'SNORT!!!

I am down 4% body fat from end of December; however, there's still plenty of flab on me (75% fat free!). :D

Susan Otcenas
03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I need to drink less wine for sure. :rolleyes:

You and me both! Had a wee bit much on Saturday night, and boy did I pay for it yesterday....:D I got through my swim lesson, but totally skipped out of my run. Did it this morning instead!

Karma007
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I tried giving up wine, but then considered the whole "quitting is for quitters" thing.

Susan Otcenas
03-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I tried giving up wine, but then considered the whole "quitting is for quitters" thing.

Hah! Love it. My new excuse.

maillotpois
03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Let's march on, Pinot in hand, NOT being quitters. :p

sundial
03-10-2009, 04:36 AM
I weigh 178.3. I'm closer to my goal than I realized. :)

Maillotpois, I don't drink wine. My downfall will be.....cookies! :D

Karma007
03-10-2009, 07:42 AM
I think I'm down a pound (144 from 145) but I'm having scale issues (I need to just buy another one, but I'm afraid...) so I'm waiting to see if it sticks.

GLC1968
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM
May I join? :o

I had a body composition analysis done this past Saturday (I stood on a scale-like contraption which used electrical impedance to determine the amounts of lean body mass and body fat I'm lugging about). The results were not pretty. :p

Weight: 163.6 lbs <--- you can use that as my Friday 3/6 start weight
BMI: 25.6
Lean body mass: 108.2 lbs
Body fat mass: 55.4 lbs
Percent body fat: 33.9 :eek:
(which makes me 66.1 percent fat-free, but it doesn't sound good that way either).

They suggest I lose 23 lbs of fat, while retaining my lean body mass. Now, I was 140 lbs a few years back and everyone told me I was looking gaunt (or, as my gyno put it, "Honey, when you get to be our age, it comes off our faces first" ) so a bit under 150 is more reasonable for me.

So my short-term goal for the end of April is 155, or a little over a pound per week.

(I plan to get another composition analysis/LT test done sometime in June and I hope to be between 145-148 by then.)

Jobob - are you bottom heavy like I am? I ask because I've found that the impedance scale can be a bit off if your weight is skewed. A friend and I did a comparison (this was 5 years ago, but it was still interesting). I'm bottom heavy - I carry all my weight in my legs and butt. My friend is top heavy and carries hers in her gut and boobs. We both used an impedance scale and then the hand-held impedance measurement. I measured higher bf with the scale, she measured higher with the hand-held. When I took the average of the two, it more closely matched the caliper measurement I had done the following year. So just bear in mind that if you are bottom heavy, your numbers could be showing up as a little worse than they really are when using the scale... Of course, if you keep using the same scale and only concern yourself with relative changes, then it's all good. :)

lauraelmore1033
03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Might be away from the computer tomorrow, so I'll post my weigh in today:
263.2. Down 2.4 pounds for the week and down a whole cup size from January:(. Who said you lose weight from your face when you get older? I wish!

Susan Otcenas
03-12-2009, 12:38 PM
I've lost almost 2 cup sizes, but I consider it a blessing. Clothing fits better, I have more sports bra options and my shoulders don't hurt as much. But, I had a fair bit to start with, so even though I've lost a bunch, I'm still chesty. I guess it all depends on where you start from. :D

Congrats on the great start to the challenge!!

Susan

ASammy1
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
No matter what I weigh I never lose it in my chest... When I was a 125 lb size 2 ballet dancer I still wore a DD cup! I looked like I was about to topple over. As a teenager, it was a nightmare trying to find clothes. Tops that my friends wore looked so cute on them, but I looked trashy. Having big boobs isn't all it's cracked up to be...

lauraelmore1033
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, yes, it is a burden having a big chest, but I'm gonna look awfully funny when my, um, back cleavage is bigger than my front! My behind is already smaller than my belly. I'm feeling beyond freakish.

Possegal
03-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm praying to lose some of my chest. My sister and I are about the same weight, but she has a small chest. I look so much bigger than her. I hate the girls. :) Lately, I don't seem to lose it there. So if/when I make it to where I'm comfortable, if I'm still this big, I'm going for a reduction!

GLC1968
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
You guys know that those who want to lose it in the chest, don't. Those of us that would like to keep our ta-ta's are the first to see them go.

That's how it always works! :p

Veronica
03-13-2009, 03:35 AM
Tucker did well this week on his wet food. I realized this morning that I wasn't reading the scale right. He was 17 pounds 2 ounces last week, so 17.125 pounds. This week he's 16 pounds 12 ounces, so 16.75 pounds.

My weight stayed the same. Considering how inactive I've been this week, I'm happy with that. :cool:

Veronica

Over50Newbie
03-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Okay, so I had a tough week.

It was like a needed a break before I really got serious again.

So...

My weight is UP to 141.5.

Now I just need to get into the right frame of mind to get to my goal.

It is further away than it was just a week ago. :(

Oh, well, here I go!

Lynette

Mistie
03-13-2009, 04:17 AM
147 today.

Aggie_Ama
03-13-2009, 06:05 AM
142 this morning.

I haven't been closely journaling food but haven't been eating alot. The rain dampened my running. So in a nutshell not sure how I lost, I did not exactly try. And again weighed Monday like I always do and was 144.5. Got into some smaller jeans I have been trying to get in for months today. My thighs are stubbornly holding onto weight. Can't always win.

skinimini
03-13-2009, 06:06 AM
First of all I'm down two pounds this week, Yea! 157 lbs. This is after both a business trip and pleasure trip in one week and my only exercise was walking. I always gain water weight when traveling. The only thing different about the past couple of weeks, is that I gave up wine for Lent. Even though I always stayed within my daily or weekly points with the wine on WW, I had plateaued at 160 lbs for around 6 weeks. Then--3 lbs in basically a week and a half. Go figure!

channlluv
03-13-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm thrilled to report I'm down two pounds, to 243.

I've stayed true to my no-fast-food pledge for the year. If it has a drive-thru, I don't eat there. I'm sticking to places like Trader Joe's, Rubios, and Panera for their salads, whole grain sandwiches, and fish burritos. I had a great chile-lime salmon burrito at Rubio's yesterday.

I know, I should be packing more lunches, but I'm working up to that.

I rode 20 miles yesterday, too. It took me 2:20, but I did it. Then I came home and had a hot soak and iced my knees and shoulder. I kept hearing in my head "If I'd known I'd ride past fifty, I'd have taken better care of myself," all through the last ten miles. I'll be 45 in September.

Roxy

five one
03-13-2009, 06:27 AM
No change for me this week. I have done very little in the workout department since Sunday, so I was nervous getting on the scale this morning.
I hope next week shows a change in the right direction.

On the up side, I have valiantly resisted the Girl Scout cookies people have been bringing in to the office all week :rolleyes:.

Susan Otcenas
03-13-2009, 06:34 AM
135. Assuming it sticks, that makes a nice round 30 pounds lost since November 5th. Yay!

Roxy - Congrats on sticking to your pledge!! It takes ALOT of discipline to break old habits and it sounds like you're doing GREAT!

Susan

Blueberry
03-13-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm *finally* down this week. I think it has something to do with job decisions and lack of appetite:rolleyes::rolleyes: Either way, I'll take it! 226

And I'm jealous! I fell in love with Rubio's when we visited San Diego. Sadly, there are none on the East Coast.

Possegal
03-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Updates are here.

(I try and respond at least once per page, so that the link is on the current page)

jobob
03-13-2009, 06:56 AM
I journalled everything I ate this week - amazing how all that accountability helps me avoid the bakery box! :o

BTW, whoever mentioned MyFoodDiary.com, thanks, I really like it. It's not free, it's $9/month, but I really like the journalling feature.

I also completely cut out the after lunch cookie(s) (our lunches at work are catered & we have those big soft Peperridge farm type cookies for dessert) and the only snacks I've had for the most part have been fresh fruit. I kept my portions reasonable, and I drank lots of water.

And my scale* shows 159.5, down from 163.6. Yes!!!

(*I'm weighing myself on a different scale than last time, and my evil wretched husband just informed me that our scale tends to read low. What-ever. :p )

Thanks for your work on this, Possegal! :)

Aggie_Ama
03-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Even though I always stayed within my daily or weekly points with the wine on WW, I had plateaued at 160 lbs for around 6 weeks. Then--3 lbs in basically a week and a half. Go figure!

I find that sometimes it is simply changing. Different foods, different workouts, different something?

Susan- Great job! My ultimate goal is to get to 135 and see what I think. Last time I lost a lot on WW (2004) and kept it off for over a year before it slowly crept back over the next two years that was my happy spot, 125 was too hard to maintain. I hope to join you there soon and this time stay!

jobob
03-13-2009, 07:06 AM
I find that sometimes it is simply changing. Different foods, different workouts, different something? Yep. I lost a few pounds in less than a week just by skipping the after-lunch cookies and generally keeping the snacks at bay. And drinking lots of water.

I assume the pounds will come off a lot slower than this from here on out...

jesvetmed
03-13-2009, 07:20 AM
168.8 this week. YAY. Now to stay UNDER 170 :rolleyes:
Seems being able to jog a little and ride more that it is light later is helping!

GLC1968
03-13-2009, 08:25 AM
171.8 headed in the right direction again.

I am also using MyFoodDiary.com again and it really makes you think twice about grabbing a handful of something while I'm cooking when I know that I have to measure it first and then track it.

I've also done two days in a row of 95% fruits and veggies. I was feeling off on Tuesday. Achey, stiff, just not feeling right and with no good reason for it. I decided to do a mini-cleanse and stuff myself full of veggies. MFD gives you a 'frowny face' if you have less than 1000 calories or less than 15% fat in your day, so I really had to shovel in the veggies to get to 1000 calories! And I had to purposely use some SmartBalance or olive oil to get my fat up. What a concept! ;) Anyway, I feel better already (even though yesterday we had breakfast for dinner instead of just veggies) and I am excited to keep my days chock full of veggies going forward too.

minn
03-13-2009, 08:27 AM
133 this week

I need to be more careful about baking! I love to do it and give most away to friends...but the batter just can't stay off my fingers :/

My goal for the weekend is to eat three solid meals per day with fruits and veggies in between (my weakness is weekend eating).

jobob
03-13-2009, 08:38 AM
MFD gives you a 'frowny face' if you have less than 1000 calories or less than 15% fat in your day, That's one of the other things I like about MFD - it prods you into eating a balanced diet, and taking in enough calories.

Here's one of the nifty charts from MFD:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/jobob22/training/chart.jpg

It shows the net calories I consumed each day, taking into account the number of calories I burned thru exercise. The green band shows the number of net calories I should consume, based on my body weight, to see a weight loss of about 1 lb per week. (I got the frowny face on Sunday because I burned close to 2800 cals on my 50 mile ride but only consumed about 2300 cals. Ooops)

Susan Otcenas
03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
I journalled everything I ate this week - amazing how all that accountability helps me avoid the bakery box! :o

I feel that journalling my food is the most important thing for keeping me accountable. It doesn't work for everyone, but I love it.

gnat23
03-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Scale weight stayed level at: 136

But, apparently I dropped half a percent of body fat in that time. Hooray for composition!

-- gnat! (and perspective, and taking a full week to eat a sleeve of Thin Mints)

Possegal
03-13-2009, 09:05 AM
My boot camp program starts this coming Tuesday. I'm very excited about that, though not about the early morning thing. I have unfortunately though, been doing the, well I'll start that on Tuesday too, about other exercises and eating better. UGH.

Aggie_Ama
03-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Yep. I lost a few pounds in less than a week just by skipping the after-lunch cookies and generally keeping the snacks at bay.

So you are advocating the torture diet? :p

I actually I haven't had my afternoon gummy bears this week and it has helped. Not as fun but I think it helps.

Karma007
03-13-2009, 09:25 AM
I realized I never gave my starting weight-let's call it 142, so I can say I lost a pouind :)

jobob
03-13-2009, 09:30 AM
So you are advocating the torture diet? :p I'm not cutting out beer entirely, so, notsomuch. :D

trinena
03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
120 today (more like i lost 1 lb since i weighed myself again last Fri. & was 121 not 122 - oh well)

anyhow i'm happy with this since i think the knee pain set off my lower back pain & i had to rest & do ab work more than cardio. i got Jillian's 30 day shred dvd & i like it. I'm also food journaling.i'm invited to a dinner at a friends' home on Sunday & i'm nervous it won't be lowfat. i mean i don't think as a guest i can tell them to make it lowfat can i?! we'll be sure to take a great salad.

today i'll see how i feel on the new trainer.

regards to everyone!

jobob
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
i'm invited to a dinner at a friends' home on Sunday & i'm nervous it won't be lowfat. i mean i don't think as a guest i can tell them to make it lowfat can i?! we'll be sure to take a great salad. Maybe just take a very small portion of the higher-fat stuff, and fill up your plate with the salad and any other veggies that they might have?

And do an extra few minutes on the trainer, or w the ab work. :cool:

Good luck, and have fun!

solobiker
03-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Hanging in at 150. Next week will be better.:D

Jones
03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
196, down one pound.
I was hoping for a better result this week but I started my diet on Ash Wednesday and lost 7lbs in the first 9 days. I guess that kind of momentum can't stick but oh how I wish it could.

ASammy1
03-13-2009, 11:55 AM
No change for me this week :(

kjay
03-13-2009, 09:47 PM
No change here, either.

Over50Newbie
03-14-2009, 07:29 AM
So, I just looked at the chart.

Out of everyone, I am the ONLY person that gained weight this last week. :eek:

So, is that incentive, or what?!?!

Lynette

Possegal
03-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I haven't had a chance to weigh yet, but I think I'll be up a lb or more too, so you won't be alone Lynette. :) My boot camp can't start soon enough!

martinkap
03-14-2009, 09:34 AM
153lbs plus 2 new nieces as of today! I am proud aunt of 3 now and my sister is my hero! Wow - I am so going to have a beer after I finish todays 40 miles!
:D

jesvetmed
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
So, I just looked at the chart.

Out of everyone, I am the ONLY person that gained weight this last week.

Yeah, but Lynette, you've already lost so much! One week of gaining... no biggee. Your are doing GREAT overall! Keep it up! :D

Lori81295
03-14-2009, 05:55 PM

maillotpois
03-15-2009, 06:41 AM
178.1 this morning at WW.

I actually started at 180.2.

Over50Newbie
03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Jesvetmed,

Thank you so much - it was so nice of you to point that out! :)

I am going to use that sentence to reaffirm that I can do this!

I am determined to get to my final goal weight.

Thank you again!!

Lynette

Laterider21958
03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Just tried to log my weight for Friday last but couldn't work out how to add it to the spreadsheet.

I weighed in at 152.2 lbs. Not happy!!! I even exercised :confused: Perhaps it's going to be harder now that I'm 50.

sundial
03-16-2009, 04:25 AM

Woot! :)

Aggie_Ama
03-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Just tried to log my weight for Friday last but couldn't work out how to add it to the spreadsheet.

I weighed in at 152.2 lbs. Not happy!!! I even exercised :confused: Perhaps it's going to be harder now that I'm 50.

Someone will update the spreadsheet for you, so just post the weight.

I went two months of working out, eating light and only lost 1 lb. I know that isn't encouraging but 152 is relatively light, even if you don't feel it. Unfortunately (and I know this stinks!) it is going to be slower for the less weight to lose. You may want to make sure you are eating enough for your activity level as well or not too much, thinking the exercise is burning it all.

Here are some things that worked to finally bounce me off the plateau:

1. Up your water consumption if you aren't drinking enough.
2. If you are eating the seem thing (a rut for me since I do WW) try changing it up. Find new fruits/veggies/recipes.
3. Vary workouts. If you are only cycling try pilates, yoga, running, fitness walking, eliptical, etc.... My body really gets complacent to only doing on thing.

sundial
03-16-2009, 05:01 AM
I usually gain water weight when I weight train. :rolleyes:

Good job, Aggie, on your weight goals. Little missy. :p

Aggie_Ama
03-16-2009, 05:09 AM
I usually gain water weight when I weight train. :rolleyes:

Good job, Aggie, on your weight goals. Little missy. :p

Thanks. If I had known I would actually start losing I would have made my goal lower! Last 2 months I started at 146 finished at 145 so I didn't want to set the bar too high. I get discouraged. :cool:

sundial
03-16-2009, 05:45 AM
I know the feeling. For years my weight always remained the same. Then it skyrocketed and I can't seem to get it back down. Well, until recently. I finally figured it out. Yippeee!!

Laterider21958
03-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Aggie Ama for the exercise/food ideas. Will give them a go. Going to try alternating walking and cycling and see if that makes a difference. :D

SAMbike
03-18-2009, 04:22 AM
Hi everyone,
I've lurked on these conversations during past weight loss challenge periods, and have been stalling on joining this one, but now that my weight has gone up 10 lbs in the last 6 months I think it's time to take action and posting my weight each week somewhere might help me get that kick in the booty that I need. I'm in the phase of feeling like I can't possibly change my eating habits when I know that I really can... I just have to do it, but it's so much easier just eating cookies... can I join you all now? I'm at 124 right now, on an upward trajectory, my goal is 113.
thank you,
SAM

Laterider21958
03-19-2009, 11:12 PM
It's Friday again! 152.5 lb Going up, not down!!!! :eek:

Veronica
03-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Another week at 155 for me.

Tucker Cat is doing well though. He's down to 16 pounds 8 ounces, so 16.5 for him. :D

Veronica

skinimini
03-20-2009, 04:17 AM
156 (conservatively and officially)

Yesterday, I weighed 155. I really try not to weigh everyday, but yesterday, I felt light. Just wanted to see. Today I'm up.

tulip
03-20-2009, 05:05 AM
130, up 2! And this for riding nearly 300 miles last week on vacation (but I did eat alot!)??

Over50Newbie
03-20-2009, 05:47 AM
140.5 - on my way back down! :)

Lynette

Aggie_Ama
03-20-2009, 05:51 AM
Steady at 142. My parents treated DH and I to Mexican Wednesday night so I am happy to not have gained. I didn't hold back because we haven't been out to eat in a while, even allowed myself the margarita (cringe at how many calories those have). But I have rode 70 miles this week which is impressive and helped my goals mentally and physically. :)

ASammy1
03-20-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm up 1 this week at 218 :(

Gotta get focused

jobob
03-20-2009, 06:46 AM
158.5, down one.

Blueberry
03-20-2009, 07:06 AM
225 this morning for me. I was down a bit more, but have popped back up despite eating really well.

CA

Susan Otcenas
03-20-2009, 07:16 AM
136.5 for me.

lauraelmore1033
03-20-2009, 07:46 AM
262 even

maillotpois
03-20-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm skipping my WW meeting this week (for a long bike ride :rolleyes:), and that's where I get my "official" weight, so leave me the same for this week. I will weigh in next week. :)

GLC1968
03-20-2009, 07:53 AM

At first, this annoyed me. My first week with plenty of veggies, good calorie levels and consistent exercise and I lose only 0.6? But then it occurred to me that if I had a scale that only weighed in pounds (or even 0.5 lbs), I'd be reporting a 1 lb loss...so I'm ok with it. :p

The good news is that I am finally sleeping better, so I feel better. Here's to seeing a nice self-affirming drop next week!

jobob
03-20-2009, 07:55 AM
But then it occurred to me that if I had a scale that only weighed in pounds (or even 0.5 lbs), I'd be reporting a 1 lb loss Ah, you figured out my secret ... :cool:

minn
03-20-2009, 08:21 AM
yuck, 135

That's up 2lbs. :( Most likely due to doc's orders of no running for two weeks. I better watch what I eat more carefully.

Lori81295
03-20-2009, 08:29 AM
149....I hate pms

Mistie
03-20-2009, 08:48 AM
146!

channlluv
03-20-2009, 09:17 AM
arrggggh.

I swear yesterday morning it was 241. It has been all week. We went out for DD's birthday dinner last night. I only had one Cheddar Bay Biscuit, too. Phooey.

roxy

Karma007
03-20-2009, 09:24 AM
144.5-Period.

trinena
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
120.5 but it's that time of the month. after visit w/ orthopedist wed. it looks like low impact exercise & very modified.

Possegal
03-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry I was so late with the chart this morning. I think I've gotten everyone so far. :)

Jones
03-20-2009, 10:31 AM
196.8, I have been so careful counting calories and exercising this week I thought I would drop at least 2 pounds, at one point I was up 2 pounds. Yesterday I drank more water and I think that helped. On a positive note I think posting here is helping me stick to my eating plan. Congrats to all you losers:p next week I hope to be one.

kjay
03-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Reporting in with the same number. I still can't exercise but am doing well with my food intake. Never give up hope!

solobiker
03-20-2009, 02:02 PM
I am up 2 from 150 to 152:( I have been riding and running more so what the heck is going on. DH says I must be eating more because I should be losing weight. I have been keeping track of what I have been eating and I have not increased my calories at all. I will keep at it.:)

AnnieBikes
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi Posse, Like SAM, I have kind of been lurking so can I join, too, can I, huh? Please!

I am 133, goal 128.

Thanks for all you do for this group and thanks to everyone for the very encouraging posts I have read.

Possegal
03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Never too late to join. Or to actually start, as I've yet to get my dang self serious about this. Lots of emotions running around these days, and they are not helpful. Plus, my dang bootcamp that was to start this past Tuesday postponed to this coming. Not like I needed that to get myself serious, but apparently I'm using it as an excuse!

I've added you in. Folks that join late, I just put whatever your present weight is down as your weight for all the prior weeks, to make the math easier. See, told you I was lazy. :)

jesvetmed
03-20-2009, 11:52 PM
weighed in this afternoon.... 167.6

five one
03-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I completely forgot to weigh in yesterday, but this morning I was exactly the same as the last two weeks - 137.8. I don't get it.

Time to re-evaluate what (and how much) I am eating. Clearly, what I'm doing is not working for me.

ASammy1
03-21-2009, 04:14 PM
It seems like we all have our monthly friend this week :o

skinimini
03-21-2009, 05:07 PM
It seems like we all have our monthly friend this week :o

I'll leave it to you guys. What's worse, dealing with the dreaded PMS or the mid-life spread? Hard at first to take the "change", but now I can truly say, I am so over that!

polly4711
03-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Mine was last week... SOO.. I'm down to 158.2!!!! are weigh ins on friday or sunday????

Possegal
03-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Polly - ultimately I have the chart set up for weigh ins on Fridays, but I think several of us are on a different schedule personally so we just post a little later. :) No worries, if you'd prefer Sunday that is fine, just post it on Sunday and I'll update accordingly. I just leave the dates on the chart as Friday.

sundial
03-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Possegal, I'll try to weigh in on Fridays. Sorry about that. :o

177.2 today. Oops! :rolleyes:

Possegal
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
No, don't worry about it! Weigh in whatever day works best for you. I weigh on Mondays myself. :) It's all good.

SAMbike
03-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Thanks very much for adding me to the chart. Ok, was 123.5 yesterday... but not sure if that's what I was on Friday. I'll keep it at 124 for 3/20 and then weigh in on this Friday and report. Sheeesh, this is hard work, but it's so inspirational to read about others who are working at this too. Thank you.

polly4711
03-24-2009, 02:35 PM
:):p:cool::D:osam.... totally agree!!!! I'm so glad that we are all in this together!!!

gnat23
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Weighed in last Thursday, before I went off for the weekend of skiing, but was massively bloated due to THAT time and yeah. For the record and honesty: 137.5

-- gnat!

Veronica
03-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Tucker Cat has lost another 1/4 pound. He's at 16 1/4 pounds now. You can tell he's lost some, but he's still a little tubby.

I've finally lost a pound too. 154 for me.

Veronica

Over50Newbie
03-27-2009, 04:21 AM
139.4 - On the way down! :)

Lynette

Aggie_Ama
03-27-2009, 04:43 AM
140.5 but feeling like I gained, must be because I haven't worked out. Getting a cold. hmph.

Susan Otcenas
03-27-2009, 05:08 AM
135 - precisely where I was 2 weeks ago. This has gotten much harder, the closer I've gotten to my goal.

Here's the thing - when I think about how much I exercise now, and how much less I eat/snack than I used to, I'm astonished that I was only 165 pounds.

Susan

sundial
03-27-2009, 05:21 AM
176.4 :)

Susan, I haven't weighed that since jr high. :)

skinimini
03-27-2009, 05:34 AM
154 for me this morning :D :D :D. That was my goal--I guess getting back on the bike the past couple of weeks really gave me the push I needed! I'm definitely going to try for another couple of lbs during April.

martinkap
03-27-2009, 05:51 AM
I am skipping second week in row due to the surgery I had on Tuesday. I decided to focus on getting better than loosing weight. I can see that I gain some but I really don't want to see the numbers. I will be back in week or two.

Martina

jobob
03-27-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm still at 158.5 - argh.

But my pants are feeling a bit looser. :cool:

five one
03-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Finally, a change. And in the right direction. Yay! 136.4.

Possegal
03-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Updates are rolling in. :)

lauraelmore1033
03-27-2009, 07:10 AM
261.2 for me. grrr. I should be melting away as hard as I've been working! Oh well, I'm definitely getting smaller; I can now comfortably wear the blouses that I couldn't even pull together in the front this december when I was frantically looking for something to wear for my son's graduation.

Karma007
03-27-2009, 07:34 AM
142.5. Moving slowly, but moving...

gnat23
03-27-2009, 08:27 AM
135! Bloat B Gone!

-- gnat!

trinena
03-27-2009, 08:51 AM
i was hoping the 119.5 from yesterday would stick but next week! i'm going to try an easy swim today and see how the knee responds. if that works i'll alternate with 30 minutes on trainer. Yoga is helping & food journaling is a huge help.

minn
03-27-2009, 09:22 AM
135 again this week. I can't stop yelling at myself, grrr. Gotta start paying attention.

channlluv
03-27-2009, 09:28 AM

sigh.

Roxy

Jones
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
193.2- I'm doing a happy dance.

solobiker
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
149 for me.

AnnieBikes
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I guess the 90 miles and one indoor spin (it is rain, rain, rain here) and one step aerobics helped (a little) 132.0 It sure is nice to have a reason to lose that last 5. Everyone's encouragement to everyone is great! Thanks.

Lori81295
03-27-2009, 02:15 PM

tulip
03-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Whoops, not used to this weighing in thing...I'll have to report tomorrow morning. Sorry 'bout that.

sundial
03-27-2009, 02:56 PM
261.2 for me. grrr.

Don't get down! I've always been the type to lose inches rather than pounds. Last time I did a weight loss thingy I lost over 14 inches and only 5 lbs. Yep, that's the wacky world I live in.

Blueberry
03-27-2009, 04:08 PM
221 for me. Had round 2 of a tummy bug, so it's hard to tell how much is dehydration (I was down to 219, which was dehydration). But I'll call it the weight and not be too disappointed if I don't show much loss next week.

CA

Aggie_Ama
03-27-2009, 07:16 PM
261.2 for me. grrr. I should be melting away as hard as I've been working!

I went two months and only lost a pound but everything tightened, firmed, shifted or something. I felt better even if the scale would not provide the gratification too. Just remember you feel like things are fitting better and that is good!

Laterider21958
03-27-2009, 08:42 PM
'Fessing up - 152.5 still going up, not down :mad: Can see a reason though - I dusted off the breadmaker........it does taste good toasted :rolleyes: Have upped the exercise regime from today. 5 km fast walking in the morning and then an evening ride. :D

CarbonCandy
03-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Heyyy ladies! I know I'm late jumping on the March/April bandwagon, but I need this forum.

Last summer I did they July/August challenge and dropped 10 pounds, and the continued on in September to get as low as 168.8. Well, I jumped on the scale yesterday and it said 179! I flipped out and realized the only time I was losing/maintaining my weight was with the help of this amazing group challenge. So, now I'm back.

My first weigh in at 179 (sad face)
and my challenge goal for then end of April is 173.
Realistically, I'd really like to make it to a healthy BMI at 164.
And when it's all said and done, 150! But that could be awhile....

tulip
03-28-2009, 03:26 AM
130. No change. Of course, I didn't do much last week, either. AND I made several batches of incredible homemade bread, which I then consumed. I'll have to thank GLC for the recipe, though--it's great! I just have to eat less of it...

Possegal
03-28-2009, 09:51 AM
More updates. Added you in CarbonCandy - welcome back! :) And don't worry folks if you get me your weight Fri, or Sat or Sun or Mon, any day will do, I'll get it into the chart as we go!

GLC1968
03-28-2009, 01:10 PM
No change for me. I guess that's good considering that I was up a bit earlier this week.

Good job everyone...you guys are inspiring!

SAMbike
03-29-2009, 04:12 AM
Weighing in at 123. Thanks!!!

maillotpois
03-29-2009, 09:36 AM
up 0.3 to 178.4. not too worried about it. there's enough else to be worried about right now. just wanted to report in, though.

txred9876
03-30-2009, 07:44 AM
I need to keep losing weight.....

Tina

Possegal
03-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Never too late to join! Give me a start weight and a goal weight for the end of April. I will use the start weight for all the prior weeks to keep the equations working right. :) And we will do this in another 2 month increment again for May/June, just so everyone knows!

Susan Otcenas
03-30-2009, 08:05 AM
I went two months and only lost a pound but everything tightened, firmed, shifted or something. I felt better even if the scale would not provide the gratification too. Just remember you feel like things are fitting better and that is good!

I think I may be entering this stage too. I get tons of exercise, and things are getting loser, but I'm not really losing much at this point. But that's OK with me. I'd like to lose 10 more pounds of fat, but I have plenty of muscle needing to be gained. I've been keeping track of my measurements, so from this point forward, as long as my measurements continue to improve, I'll be OK with that.

Susan

kjay
03-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry for late report we were gone for a few days visiting friends. My scale seems to be going the wrong way and now shows 182. :(

txred9876
03-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Never too late to join! Give me a start weight and a goal weight for the end of April. I will use the start weight for all the prior weeks to keep the equations working right. :) And we will do this in another 2 month increment again for May/June, just so everyone knows!

MY START WEIGHT IS 261 .....OUCH!

my goal for the end of april is 250.

Tina

PS i have lost 22 in the last 6 weeks.....its rough though.

txred9876
03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
261.2 for me. grrr. I should be melting away as hard as I've been working! Oh well, I'm definitely getting smaller; I can now comfortably wear the blouses that I couldn't even pull together in the front this december when I was frantically looking for something to wear for my son's graduation.

I noticed when I stopped losing weight it was because I was not eating enough. My body said your not feeding me I am not taking any off you! I was still losing in size but not in weight. I am now eating about 2800-3000 calories a day and things are starting to drop pretty good.

just an fyi.... as it looks like we are about the same weight.

tina

polly4711
03-30-2009, 03:59 PM
159.6......... too much ice cream....

lauraelmore1033
03-30-2009, 04:43 PM
I noticed when I stopped losing weight it was because I was not eating enough. My body said your not feeding me I am not taking any off you! I was still losing in size but not in weight. I am now eating about 2800-3000 calories a day and things are starting to drop pretty good.

just an fyi.... as it looks like we are about the same weight.

tina

I suppose that could be an issue. I was so "good" last week, and that was the week I didn't lose much. My metabolism must be a lot slower than yours, even though we are the same size.I've been keeping the calories under 1800 and that's 500-800 less than I usually eat (and maintain this weight).

Thanks for all the encouragement, everybody.

txred9876
03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
I suppose that could be an issue. I was so "good" last week, and that was the week I didn't lose much. My metabolism must be a lot slower than yours, even though we are the same size.I've been keeping the calories under 1800 and that's 500-800 less than I usually eat (and maintain this weight).

Thanks for all the encouragement, everybody.

What are you doing for exercise?

I am training for a triathlon and working out 6 days a week.

Tina

lauraelmore1033
03-31-2009, 05:56 AM
I work out 6 days a week as well. I'm also training for stp and rsvp (a double century and a triple metric century which I also did last year)

lauraelmore1033
03-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Wow!
Frustration factor was getting pretty high (bordering on rage) until I whipped out the tape measure and took some quick measurements. I've lost over 30 inches! 10 inches off my waist, 3 off my neck and bicep and 8 off my hips and bust. My waist,bust and hips used to be exactly the same measurement, but now my waist measurement is actually smaller than bust and hips. I feel so much better.

txred9876
03-31-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow!
Frustration factor was getting pretty high (bordering on rage) until I whipped out the tape measure and took some quick measurements. I've lost over 30 inches! 10 inches off my waist, 3 off my neck and bicep and 8 off my hips and bust. My waist,bust and hips used to be exactly the same measurement, but now my waist measurement is actually smaller than bust and hips. I feel so much better.

Thats wonderful!
I never took any measurements to start with so i have no reference point.I probably should have.

Tina

ASammy1
04-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Wow!

10 inches off your waist is incredible. I bow down to you, girl!

lauraelmore1033
04-01-2009, 07:08 AM
:rolleyes: only ten more to go...:eek:

txred9876
04-01-2009, 07:44 AM
:rolleyes: only ten more to go...:eek:

Your doing great!

Tina

Triskeliongirl
04-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Susan, I didn't want to say anything to deter you from your goals, but since your weight seems to be 'normalizing' I will say that there is nothing wrong with weighing 135lb! I started a tad heavier than you and normalized at 140. I did notice that for the next year I did continue to shrink without more pounds coming off. I think this is a perfectly fine weight for an athletic women, and compared to where we came from just not all of us were designed to weight 120 something. You looked terrific in that last pic you posted, and you seem to be feeling great, so don't beat yourself up if you are doing everything right and your weight has stabilized.

Aggie_Ama
04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Trisk that isn't giving bad food for thought so to speak. On my first path down WW I got to 123-125. I was thin and thought I looked excellent but I was a nightmare to be around and couldn't maintain. Ultimately I maintained 135 for over a year before I moved and let old habits take over (junk food, less exercise). I am trying to tone up and get back to 135 because I truly believe that is my body's personal happy place. It is way high for a chart for someone who is 5'2" but I feel dang good there and feel I look good. Better yet, I can still eat and feel normal there. I can have a cheat night of Mexican food and not think I am going to gain 85 lbs.

Plus I know people don't like to talk age but there is age to consider in weight for some women around here.

lauraelmore1033
04-01-2009, 09:58 AM
It doesn't seem unreasonable at all for an athletic woman to weigh 140. If I only weighed 140, I would never stop doing handsprings across the lawn....
I did maintain that weight for about 20 minutes when I was 19, but it was soooo much work! (so I'm not prepairing to do those handsprings at anytime before I die)

Triskeliongirl
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I just want to put it in perspective. As athletic women, many of us are leaner at a higher body weight than our less athletic counterparts. I once dieted down to 115 on WW too, but found that those last 20 lb were pure muscle and losing it really tanked my metabolism and put me in a place where all I could do was gain fat. So, this time around I let my body tell me what it wanted to weigh. I refuse to eat any less than required to stay at 140, and for me (I am 5 ft 4.5" ~22% bodyfat, size 4-6) its a very comfortable weight to maintain, and feels so much better than the 165-170 I had let myself balloon up to before.

Susan Otcenas
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Trisk -

Sometimes I don't communicate well in writing.... :o Thank you for being encouraging, and for being concerned about me. :) It's really appreciated!

5'4" and 135 is a very healthy and perfectly normal body weight for me. It puts me smack in the middle of the BMI charts for someone my height. And, at 39 years old, I believe my age isn't a factor at all. I look great in my clothes, I feel great, I'm getting tons of exercise. In short, I'm very possibly in the best shape in my life. That feels wonderful!! I could pretty happily live at this weight for the rest of my life, and be very healthy doing it.

But...

I want to see what I'm capable of attaining. I have some aggressive goals this year, chief among them a couple of triathlons (which I have lots of experience doing) and my very first ever half marathon in October, to celebrate my 40th birthday.

I want to build muscle throughout this year, and lose the inches I can still pinch on my belly and my thighs (from the waist up, I'm very lean now, but from the belly button downwards, not so much.) But don't worry - I'm a sensible eater. I eat very heathily, I listen to my body, and I would never ever sacrifice my health to be thin or skinny. I want to be lean, fit and muscular, NOT skinny, scrawny and unhealthy.

That's why I said that at this point I don't really care about the number so much. I care about inches and muscle mass. I do think that I will end up losing more fat weight than gaining muscle weight, so ultimately I think my weight may still come down another 5 pounds or so. My WW goal is 130. As I get close, I'll readjust my goals based on what my body is doing and telling me.

Susan

tulip
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Susan, good for you for reaching for those goals. I think I understand your point of view. For most of my adult life, my setpoint was 142. Of course, that was well within the normal range for me, and I felt "fine," everyone said I looked "fine," but I wanted to be more than just "fine." I was consistently a size 10-12. I didn't try, that's just what it always was. When I turned 39, alot of things changed and I lost 20 lbs in a few months, which was a bit too thin, but man I loved my new me! Now I've slowly gone up to 130 over the winter, which is okay, but for me, I prefer to be a bit lighter.

I've slacked off on my Pilates and riding over the winter, but my eating is still very good. Everyone has a different comfort point. Mine is about 125 and not less than 120 (at which point I am too thin). (For me, at 5'-6", that makes me a size 4-6 in these new times of inflated sizes). I feel better at that point, I ride better, I just have a better attitude.

Best wishes for reaching your goals.

GLC1968
04-01-2009, 04:49 PM
FWIW - Susan, I think you look great!

I also totally understand your feelings on this. When I was at my leanest, I was 138 (I'm also 5'4") and was at a 19% body fat. Most people would have been thrilled with that, but like you, I felt that my lower body still had lots of room for improvement. I still had visible fat on my legs! While I was extremely strong and fit and I was happy with my overall size, I felt that my body composition could have used additional improvement. I had a VERY hard time explaining that to people who had just seen me drop 35 lbs - they were always asking "WHY???". People thought that I must have an eating disorder because when you looked at me in street clothes, I looked fine. Only a person with an eating disorder would want to keep leaning out, right? Ugh. The only other people who 'got' it were other athletes. Anyway, aggressive performance goals and tough standards for yourself are fine, as long as they are in perspective and from what you've posted here, its obvious that they are for you.

I've also seen you eat...so again, I totally get it. ;) You are being 100% smart about this and I find it truly inspiring! You are a great role model for women who want to be healthy and fit and still live a full lifestyle.

God knows, I'd like to get back there myself!

Susan Otcenas
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
FWIW - Susan, I think you look great! ..........

I've also seen you eat...so again, I totally get it. ;) .........

Well, thank you! And yes, you HAVE seen me eat, so you know I can put it away, eh? :-) Especially if it involves sushi!

And speaking of food (minor thread hijack here) - you can watch me put away some more food on Saturday at Lupe's Escape IF you'd like to come riding with me and some friends on Saturday. PM me if you think you can make it. The weather is supposed to be grand!

Susan

Blueberry
04-01-2009, 07:07 PM
God knows, I'd like to get back there myself!

Erm- go easy on yourself:) Birthing baby goats is hard work:):D:D

Great blog entry:)

Aggie_Ama
04-02-2009, 05:23 AM
I get what you are saying Susan. What I meant is there may come a point where you still aren't completely where you want to be on tone but the weight is right. Or your weight is right but you are miserable, back in 2004 I thought I would be magically happy at 125 but I was so miserable I felt trapped in my weight loss goals. Somewhere we find a happy medium. Like right now I am not sure 135 will be right this time because I need to tone up. I am around 140 but my thighs are still heavy, my stomach is still flabby. I need to start working on getting lean, last fall it was mostly about pounds now it is about the whole package. ;) Which coincidentally may add pounds but I think I still got some fat to take care of.

Triskeliongirl
04-02-2009, 10:00 AM
You hit it Aggie, its about being LEAN. I am much more interested in how much body fat I carry than what I weigh. When we have a lot of weight to lose, indeed just focussing on weight is fine. But, as we get closer to our ideal body fat percentage, its all about body recomposition. Indeed that is what I am working on now. I haven't participated in the challenge cuz I have no idea if my weight will change, but I wouldn't mind getting a tad leaner.

I have said this before, but when one is at this point, then being sure to eat adequate protein is crucial to maintain lean body mass. I just won't repeat my mistake of dieting off all my muscle again! Yeh, I wouldn't mind getting to 135 either, and while I am 'trying' I still don't know if its realistic or not. So, I am just working on riding more (commuting to work every day on my bike) and eating less by cutting down on deserts, snacks, and alcohol, but still eating lots of protein and veggies.

Susan Otcenas
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
... but my thighs are still heavy, my stomach is still flabby. I need to start working on getting lean, last fall it was mostly about pounds now it is about the whole package. ;) Which coincidentally may add pounds but I think I still got some fat to take care of.

That's exactly where I'm at. :)

Along these lines - I bought one of the Gaiam balance balls a few weeks ago and have been doing the core workout routine that came on the enclosed DVD. It's been great. It doesn't *seem* that difficult when you're doing it, but the next day? Wow. Takes me at least 48-72 hours before I'm ready to do it again. :o It's only been a few weeks, but I"m already seeing some changes in muscle tone in my stomach and lower abdominals.

I keep meaning to find a good pilates class, but there are only so many hours in a day....

Susan

Laterider21958
04-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Going down - at last!!!! 151.14 for 3/04/09 weigh in. :D It took being sick to lose though. Dr weighed and measured me and says my BMI is 25 - I felt good for a second and then he said the upper level for women is 24 :eek: He went on to say he wasn't going to be picky about it. I've got a few muscles - surely they weigh more ;) The Dr smirked when I took my sunglasses off so I wouldn't weigh heavier. I responded with "Everything counts!"

Veronica
04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Down 2 more pounds - 152 for me this morning.

Tucker Cat weighs 16. 187 pounds.

Veronica

sundial
04-03-2009, 03:48 AM
176. :)

Weight continues to s l o w l y drop.

sundial
04-03-2009, 03:56 AM
Wow!
Frustration factor was getting pretty high (bordering on rage) until I whipped out the tape measure and took some quick measurements. I've lost over 30 inches!

See? You're doing GREAT!! :D

I noticed your caloric intake--have you tried periodically eating 2200 calories and then dropping back to 1800? Sometimes I got a boost in weight loss by increasing my intake.

skinimini
04-03-2009, 04:21 AM
No change, 154 today. Friday always seems to be my heaviest day. :(

Aggie_Ama
04-03-2009, 04:37 AM
That's exactly where I'm at. :)

Along these lines - I bought one of the Gaiam balance balls a few weeks ago and have been doing the core workout routine that came on the enclosed DVD. It's been great. It doesn't *seem* that difficult when you're doing it, but the next day? Wow. Takes me at least 48-72 hours before I'm ready to do it again. :o It's only been a few weeks, but I"m already seeing some changes in muscle tone in my stomach and lower abdominals.

I keep meaning to find a good pilates class, but there are only so many hours in a day....

Susan

DH and I got those balls for Christmas and love it. But finding time is hard so I have to admit my abs aren't where I want them to be. I did the lower legs the other night and oh-my-word it is torture! I am really trying to commit to 3x a week for core because it is only 20 minutes, it is a great workout.

I forgot to weigh. :o Check in tomorrow!

minn
04-03-2009, 05:41 AM
134 today

Possegal
04-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Updates are rolling in.... :)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pun9UgArTpm_7PeY5pbsKDg

channlluv
04-03-2009, 06:20 AM
242! Woohoo! Headin' back down.

Roxy

ASammy1
04-03-2009, 07:08 AM
218 this morning. :(

Susan Otcenas
04-03-2009, 08:22 AM

Aggie - I have't tried the lower body portion of the DVD yet - I'll have to give it a try! I love a good challenge. :D

Susan

Over50Newbie
04-03-2009, 08:35 AM
139.2 - Okay, I'm now back to where I was when I first started this challenge. So, I'll just make believe that next week is the first weigh-in and I can also make believe that I never gained any weight in that original first week! ;)

Lynette

lauraelmore1033
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
259.4. better than a poke in the eye with A sharp stick, I guess, especially since my "splurge" day was extra splurgy.

Possegal
04-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Still updating...... :)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pun9UgArTpm_7PeY5pbsKDg

five one
04-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Sigh...I guess last week was a fluke. Probably just a water weight fluctuation. I'm right back where I was, right down to the decimal - 137.8 :(.

trinena
04-03-2009, 09:29 AM
120.5 i may need a new goal of just maintaining w/ my knee that has me bummed.:rolleyes: yes that was playing with "bum knee"

i posted under health issues.

solobiker
04-03-2009, 09:40 AM
149 for me. A lot of stress right now with my work hours being cut. Hey, that should give me more time to work out;) Although I am a little worried right now.

Jones
04-03-2009, 09:41 AM

Karma007
04-03-2009, 10:05 AM
142- awesome! Goal for the weekend is to record everything I eat, even though it's the weekend and Cinderella Classic.

Carolina Girl
04-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I love this forum and this thread and would love to hop on board. My highest weight was 230 or so about a year ago. By October I was down to 218, but I decided to try Weight Watchers and exercising an hour most days and since then, I've gotten down to 163. I'm 5'5" and my goal is about 125-130. It's been a lot of work, but thank God, I'm doing it! I feel so much better in every way. This is a wonderful way to cheer each other on!