PDA

View Full Version : End Hunger Ride, Calvert county, MD April 25, 2009

bayrider
02-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm helping to get the word out about a charity bike ride here in Calvert county Maryland. End Hunger Calvert is sponsoring a multi-route bike ride, Saturday April 25, 2009. This fully supported ride will have routes along the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Rest stops include a winery (tasting and opportunity to buy!) and a marina. Beautiful rural roads make up our routes through Calvert and Anne Arundel county. Swag bag includes a t-shirt, goodies, etc. ALL proceeds go to feeding hungry families in Calvert county. Sign up prior to 4/15/09 is $35; $50 after. Look at the website for further information: www.endhungercalvert.org.

ny biker
04-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Post-ride report - I really enjoyed this ride. I did the 33-mile route.

This part of Maryland is a great area for cycling - nice scenery, lots of low-traffic roads, a few hills but nothing too hard. The people were nice and friendly and the registration fee was tax-deductible because 100% of it goes to End Hunger in Calvert County (http://www.endhungercalvert.org/). And there was good schwag - in addition to the usual t-shirt, we got a water bottle, a tote bag and a single-serving of chamois butt'r.

I look forward to riding it again next year.