Jeff Mendenhall
TeamEstrogen.com
p: 877-310-4592
f: 503-924-2030
jeff@teamestrogen.com
http://www.TeamEstrogen.com

TeamEstrogen.com Joins 1% For The Planet
Retailer announces 2008 contributions to environmental causes

Hillsboro, OR, February 10, 2009 – Oregon-based women’s athletic apparel retailer TeamEstrogen.com announced its 1% For The Planet recipients today.

1% For The Planet was launched in 2001 by Yvon Chouinard, environmental activist and founder of outdoor clothing company Patagonia, Inc., and Craig Matthews, owner of Blue Ribbon Flies. Members donate at least 1% of their annual sales to environmental organizations worldwide. The alliance aims to prove that taking environmental responsibility is good for business.

TeamEstrogen.com joined 1% For The Planet in late 2008. “While we’ve always contributed to worthwhile organizations, we decided to step up and formalize our commitment to giving back,” said Susan Otcenas, president of TeamEstrogen.com . “By becoming a 1% For The Planet member, we join over 1,000 companies worldwide who have joined forces to ‘Keep Earth in Business’ by supporting nearly 1,700 non-profits.”

TeamEstrogen.com has selected the following environmentally-focused organizations as recipients of its 1% For The Planet contribution:

Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Thunderhead Alliance for Biking and Walking
Union of Concerned Scientists
Adventure Cycling Association

“Now more than ever, non-profits need our support,” said Otcenas. “The economic crisis has had a negative effect on charitable giving and endowments at many organizations. If we want these organizations to continue to do their important work, we need to support them with our dollars. This year we have chosen to concentrate much of our contribution on organizations that promote bicycling and walking as viable, earth-friendly modes of transportation.”

For additional information on TeamEstrogen.com, please contact Jeff Mendenhall or visit www.TeamEstrogen.com (http://www.TeamEstrogen.com). More information about 1% For The Planet can be found at onepercentfortheplanet.org (http://onepercentfortheplanet.org)

About – TeamEstrogen.com is an online retailer of women’s cycling triathlon and fitness apparel headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon. TeamEstrogen.com has been serving women in the United States and around the world for 11 years.

SadieKate
02-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Very cool! Glad to hear that.

PS - I didn't know Craig Matthews was the co-founder of 1% for the planet. He's my favorite person (shop) to go to when I need to find a new fly rod. Actually helps me analyze the best rod for my casting technique rather than just blathering about the rod. Not to mention, a superb fly tier and super nice guy.

Grog
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Yippee! Thanks Susan.

newfsmith
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Thank you for giving back. It is hard to do in these times, so thank you again.

OakLeaf
02-11-2009, 12:49 PM
w00t! Yet another reason to shop TE (as if we didn't have enough already).

Do I smell wool? :cool:

Susan Otcenas
02-11-2009, 05:13 PM
The pleasure is all ours.

Here's a question. We've been thinking about having our customers help us to direct some of those funds. The idea is that after you complete checkout, you'd be able to direct your order's 1% to one of a list of organizations that we support. What do you think?

Heck, I wish I could do that with my tax payments. I'm pretty sure I'd send them in a different direction than they currently go... :rolleyes:

Susan

HillSlugger
02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
It's wonderful that you do this. It would be very cool to be able to help direct where it goes.

TE is a great company!

jobob
02-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes, that would be great !

GLC1968
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I love it when companies allow the customer to choose which charity to support!

TE Rocks. Really. :)