PDA

View Full Version : Ksyrium Elite Wheels

Veronica
06-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Wow! These puppies are light! And I have to say I really like the stiffness. I feel like I have a much more positive connection to the road. I think they look pretty cool on Fluffy too!

I did the same ride I did yesterday. I don't have my HRM adjusted for the new tires so my readings were off. And I haven't put the pick up for my computer on the new wheel. So I was kind of riding blind today. It took me the same amount of time as yesterday's ride. I got stopped at a lot of lights today and for a longer time. :mad: I can see that when I overlay my HRM graphs. But my average heart rate was 6 beats lower today. HRM says I was .3 miles faster average pace. Whatever that means. It also says the ride was .3 miles longer than it was yesterday. But gave the exact same elevation. I'll have to measure the tires to get it exact. I was the using the measurement in the Polar manual and I know it's not accurate.

I definitely felt like I was flying on the flats though!

V.

tatormc
06-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Veronica, I have to agree. I got a new road bike a couple of weeks ago and my hubby decided to upgrade the wheels to the Ksyrium Elite's and I really like them. It's really great to have a lighter bike as I feel like I'm going faster and it handles very well.

Trek420
06-01-2005, 08:54 PM
what did you have before?

My LBS replaced my tires and the new one's are 23's, I had 26's before (on Rolf elan wheels). I didn't ask for a different width, they were just out of them.

It may be psychological but the bike feels much lighter. I plan a test ride tomorrow, I expect less rolling resistance and there wasn't much before. Wondering how they'll handle.

why train when we can buy speed?

emily_in_nc
06-02-2005, 10:41 AM
I spec'd Kysirium Elites for my Aegis Swift and agree that they are a really nice, light wheelset! Snazzy looking too.... :D

Emily

tracik
07-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I see that this is a pretty old thread, but I'm curious how people are liking their Ksyrium Elites. I'm getting an Orbea Diva from a shop that has them set up with these wheels. I'll be making a switch from 650's to 700's so my race wheels won't work for this anymore....and I don't want to spring for new race wheels just yet (maybe next season!!!) I'm assuming they aren't as racy as say Zipps or Hed....are they along the lines of the Rolf Vectors or some other lighter, faster training wheel?

I have the opportunity to rent race wheels for an event next weekend, but if these are decent, I'll probably just stick with them!

Thanks for any input!

Veronica
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I still have mine, but I didn't like how they threw me around in a crosswind and I am not a little person.

V.

tracik
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
I still have mine, but I didn't like how they threw me around in a crosswind and I am not a little person.

V.

Just out of curiousity, what did you switch to? Thanks for the input!

Veronica
07-09-2008, 04:10 PM
My new bike has wheels built by a local builder.

V.

sundial
07-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm green with envy. I have the mtb version (Crossmax SLR) and I am counting the days when I can put the Kysiriums on my road bike. Several cyclists have said it was 2 years or more before they had to have it trued. :cool:

Aggie_Ama
07-12-2008, 09:08 AM
My husband has over 10,000 miles on his Kysrium Elites and loves them! I think he has only trued them once. I have ridden them once they are stiff! I really want to upgrade my Askium Race to some Kysriums. DH races them but he doesn't do a lot of racing, just here and there when he has a weekend off. They were stock on his Cannondale R5000 which was second only to the first Six13 when he picked it up. Must not be too shabby for racing?

RoadRaven
07-12-2008, 02:01 PM
We have several sets of Kysriums on bikes in our folds, including 2 sets of elites.
They are very nice, very light and run well.