PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Sherpa

kacie tri-ing
01-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Hello!
DH and I are planning to do the Transamerica route this summer.

LBS has a Rocky Mountain Sherpa on sale. I rode it yesterday, and I really liked it! It was comfortable, and I could see myself on it all summer (with a new girl-specific seat and bike shorts, that is!).

Any thoughts? Does anyone have one? Any advice before I decide to buy it or not?:)

Thanks!

Tri Girl
01-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Looked it up online and it looks like a good, reliable bike that's been around for a while. I couldn't find any reviews of it (although I only looked briefly), but it seems like a great bike. If you love it and it feels great- then buy that puppy right away. Sometimes I think "to heck with what people think" and buy things that are not all that popular, but that I love. My touring bike (a Devinci Destination) didn't have a lot of reviews but I bought it on eBay sight unseen-in person anyway- and I LOVE it. Looks like Rocky Mountain bikes are Canadian built, like my Davinci. I think Canada can sure build some good touring bikes. They know how to build a bike to withstand tough conditions (I love our Canadian friends) :)
Your bike looks like it has great components, a solid build (steel is always great), and a good history.

Are you riding E to W or W to E? I'm very excited for you, as I know you'll have a wonderful adventure! :D

here's a rave review of the bike: http://www.adventurecycling.org/forums/index.php?topic=4840.0

kacie tri-ing
01-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks!

I think I am going to buy it in the next day or two :-)

We are riding E to W. I am so excited about it! We have been planning and talking about it for the past year!

Tri Girl
01-28-2009, 08:52 AM
When/if you buy it, you know you HAVE to post pictures of it when it comes home. :) Will you be keeping an online journal of your adventure (on CGOAB or a blog?). If you do, please post it so we can all follow along with you.

kacie tri-ing
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I bought it today :D

It is still at the shop because I want them to move my fenders and racks from my aluminum commuter over. It felt so weird to just leave it there!!

I am really excited about the possibilities I am going to have on that bike!

I am not sure about a blog, but if I start one for the trip, I will be SURE to post it here!!

Tri Girl
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Yippeee! Congrats on your new bike! Please post pics when you get it home so I/we can drool over your new ride. ;)