PDA

View Full Version : Loss of another furry friend

Possegal
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I know there are a lot of animal folks on the board. Just had to share that on Saturday, my little Bailey cat and I took our last trip to the vet. He is the cat in the avatar, wearing on his head a bracelet that says "expect miracles". It is a little something many of us are wearing to support my sister who has cancer. In an ironic twist, after spending a month at home to help her, Bailey and I came home to a vet visit because he wasn't eating and losing weight. I thought it might be dental in nature. Turned out, he had cancer too. I opted to only treat palliatively, for a number of reasons. I was told to take him home and make him comfortable. That was over 11 months ago. :) So I have to love what a fighter he was. But this last week he took a decided turn for the worse and on Saturday morning I made the call to end his suffering. I had him for 9 years, inheriting him when he was 3, when my mother died. So along with missing him, it was a little like losing a part of my mother all over again.

I know I'll have more pets, more cats, but I will miss the crazy little kitty that came into my life at such a very sad time and made it all a wee bit easier.

Here is a badly filmed little video. it was a lot less dark on my computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SlOFRGUlsM&feature=channel_page

BleeckerSt_Girl
01-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm so sorry for your sad loss. You gave him a good life and a loving home right up until the end.

solobiker
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the youtube video.

Blueberry
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Oh Possegal - I'm so very sorry for your loss:(

CA

TsPoet
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad Bailey had such a nice life.

bmccasland
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
((((((((Possegal)))))))))

Bailey will be welcomed at the Rainbow Bridge by the other TE fur-babies, who'll be happy to show him the sunny spots to catch rays, and LBTC's butterflies will be there to chase (NEVER catch!).

Calypso is providing a head butt to the computer to send her sympathy.

OakLeaf
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
(((((((Possegal)))))))

So sorry for your loss. :(

derailed
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
My sympathies. I am glad he had a great home with you.

Zen
01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
I know a lap that must feel awfully empty tonight :(
My condolences, Posse.

salsabike
01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh, Possegal, that's a hard one. I'm sorry. But glad you had him.

PamNY
01-19-2009, 07:08 PM
The video was delightful. It's always amazing that such a small animal leaves such a big empty space when they're gone. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope happy memories bring you peace.

Pam

crazycanuck
01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
PG-i'm sorry to hear about your kitty..

(((PG)))

ClockworkOrange
01-19-2009, 10:17 PM
((((((((Possegal)))))))))

Bailey will be welcomed at the Rainbow Bridge by the other TE fur-babies, who'll be happy to show him the sunny spots to catch rays, and LBTC's butterflies will be there to chase (NEVER catch!).

Calypso is providing a head butt to the computer to send her sympathy.

What sad news, big hugs from across the pond to you,

Like everybody else, I so understand how you must be feeling.

My wording is crap, so I have repeated the lovely post that bmccasland wrote.

Hugs

Clock

Selkie
01-19-2009, 11:11 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss.

Bailey fell through your heart, right into heaven.

badger
01-21-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Bailey was more than just a cat to you, so I hope after you mend your broken heart, it will open up for another special kitty (or kitties!). He's up past the rainbow bridge with a lot of friends!!

redrhodie
01-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

lph
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry - he was a beautiful cat! Lovely photo.

gnGracie
01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm all misty-eyed after reading your post. It's always heartbreaking to lose a beloved family member. Big Hugs to you.

WindingRoad
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
It's so hard losing them. He's better off now you know. He playing with the giant milk jug ring in the sky now :) Along with my belated furry boy too.

mtbdarby
01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I just saw your post Posse - ((hugs)) from me and kisses from Zeus. We're sorry for your loss as well. Remembering all the good times, even though they bring the tears, also help with the healing.

Be kind to yourself as your heart heals. What a blessing our fur babies are!