PDA

View Full Version : He made it! Anybody riding in with him?

Trek420
01-19-2009, 05:35 AM
He made it to DC on time:

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/11598871

Zen
01-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Why did I not know about this?

I don't think any of us live in DC proper and those are the only folks who will be anywhere near the mall tomorrow.

I'd bet 99% of the people on the mall tomorrow will be non-locals.

Kalidurga
01-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I was downtown all day today and there's no way I'm goin' back until Wednesday. Between the MLK holiday and pre-Inauguration, there was nothin' but tourons, I mean tourists ;) on the streets and Metro. And I walked past one restaurant that had a sign out saying they're open until 4a.m.

Zen, I assume you weren't on I-70 today near Myersville, were you? :eek:

Zen
01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
No, thank goodness.
What a horrible mess and in a few cases, tragedy.
I watched as lot of the detourers took Wolfsvile Road to Smithsburg to Hagerstown.

Selkie
01-19-2009, 11:23 PM
I was downtown all day today and there's no way I'm goin' back until Wednesday. Between the MLK holiday and pre-Inauguration, there was nothin' but tourons, I mean tourists ;) on the streets and Metro. And I walked past one restaurant that had a sign out saying they're open until 4a.m.

Zen, I assume you weren't on I-70 today near Myersville, were you? :eek:

Tourons! LOL. With the bars open and serving booze-a-hol later, there are plenty of drunk tourons roaming around. And think, Cherry Blossom time is just around the corner.

We didn't get any snow here in Arlington. I was surprised to see the snow footage on the news, in addition to the horrible accident.