PDA

View Full Version : Bodyworlds in Houston

yellow
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
If you live in/near Houston and you haven't seen the Bodyworlds (http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/exhibitions/current_exhibitions.html)exhibit, consider it. I went to the one in Salt Lake, UT last night and was blown away. Wow. It looks like the Houston exhibit goes through February (ours closes on Sunday). As an athlete I really appreciated the opportunity to see this exhibit. Amazing.

makbike
01-16-2009, 02:41 AM
I traveled to Indianapolis to see it - simply fascinating. The human body is an amazing machine and this exhibit only drives that point home. Controversy aside this is a once in a life time experience and well worth the trip.

OakLeaf
01-16-2009, 02:54 AM
I traveled to Indianapolis to see it - simply fascinating. The human body is an amazing machine and this exhibit only drives that point home. Controversy aside this is a once in a life time experience and well worth the trip.

That's the difference between the Bodyworlds exhibit and the "Bodies" thing. Bodyworlds donations are documented and known to be voluntary. (The humans, anyway, from the photos they apparently have some animals too.)

Jolt
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I saw it when it was in Boston (at the Museum of Science) and highly recommend it--it is really cool!

SadieKate
01-16-2009, 02:18 PM
If you live in/near Houston and you haven't seen the Bodyworlds (http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/exhibitions/current_exhibitions.html)exhibit, consider it. I went to the one in Salt Lake, UT last night and was blown away. Wow. Whew, I am so glad you did this after we left. I just couldn't.

As an "athlete", I'd just be thinking of where all those little aches and pains are coming from . . . in between bouts of nausea. It just aint me. And my ex-path lab mgr/vietnam vet/hubby said he couldn't stomach it either, but he's seen things I NEVER want to see.

Glad you enjoyed it without me.

Aggie_Ama
01-19-2009, 04:54 AM
I think I could handle this but I don't know. My husband's aunt and uncle went to Houston and thought it was really cool. But I can't say I wouldn't yack everywhere so I don't think I will make the 3 hour drive to Houston. :o

wackyjacky1
01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I thought it was fascinating, but my sister couldn't eat meat for weeks afterward. :p