PDA

View Full Version : seekin comfy saddle for hybrid/fitness

maxie
05-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Hello all-new member here....I have a year old bike that I ride for fitness and enjoyment.......it is a hybrid with road bike leanings-bianchi strada...perfect for my purposes 1-3 hours in the saddle...but the saddle causes bum numbness and tenderness in sit bone area.....not in the more sensitive areas...currently has a selle italia xo on it....I am interested in a cut out with a narrow nose and comfort in the back....any suggestions? Looking at terry butterfly....I am 55 and have some lower back troubles-gave up the dropped handle bars.

thanks,
Maxie

SandyLS
05-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Maxi,
You might consider reading the postings on the Koobi. I believe it is a bit less expensive than the Terry (on sale now for around $39.00)and some of us have had good luck with it.
Sandy

maxie
05-28-2005, 07:44 AM
yes there seems to be strong opinions for koobi, butterfly and specilized on the board....which koobi are you referring to Sandy....love the quote incidently. maxie

emily_in_nc
05-28-2005, 09:01 AM
I love my Terry Butterflies - have the ti-rail/leather cover model on three of my bikes....but, I just bought this saddle for my mountain bike, which is now on my trainer indoors as I recover from pelvic fractures. It's a bit softer in the sit-bone area than the Butterfly, a pinch narrower in back, and quite comfy so far (I've only ridden 15-20 minutes at a time, but keep in mind I have broken pelvic bones down low, so any saddle that doesn't hurt to sit on is a winner):

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=18265&subcategory_ID=5211

The price is amazing - I got it for $24.95, but it's marked down to 50% off now. Might be worth a try before dishing out a lot more for a Butterfly! If it doesn't work, you aren't out much! :D

Emily

spazzdog
05-28-2005, 09:31 AM
i'm a 6 yr Koobi user (SI Classic). Still runs $69 at their website www.koobi.com

spazz

SandyLS
05-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Maxi,
I have the Koobi pursuit saddle. The web site says that is their women's specific saddle. All of us are built different so it might take a a few tries to get the saddle that is right for you.
By the way, I am also a middle-age rider of 58. My daughter once was so kind to remind me "Mom, you're not really middle age anymore. How many 116 year old people do you know?" Oh well her turn will come, she's already 30 this year! I know at this point in her life there is no way she could ride 20 or 30 miles at a time the way her old mom does!
I hope that whatever saddle you try it works out well for you.
Sandy