PDA

View Full Version : Little Red Riding Hood-Logan Utah June 6, 2009

Lifesgreat
01-04-2009, 06:37 PM
From bbtc.net: A logo is there, but IDK if it is the official jersey logo for 2009:

JUNE 6 2009
The Terrific Trio Return
Penny Perkins, Robin Perkins, and Lynda Forbush have returned to lead Little Red Riding Hood.
Honoring a 20-year tradition, this women's only cycling event is held to raise funds for the University Of Utah Department Of Human Genetics Breast Cancer Research.

If you have questions about the event or would like to volunteer please contact lrrh@bbtc.net

DO NOT MISS THIS EXCITING ANNUAL EVENT!!

sulis
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Do you know when registration opens?

Flybye
01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I so hope that is the picture for the jersey - stinking freaking cute!

sulis
01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Registration is open!

Flybye
01-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Registration is open!
All that I get is "coming soon" HELP :confused::):confused::):rolleyes::rolleyes:

sulis
01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I registered through active. I hope this is right because it took my money. :D

http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1679162&assetId=eb727027-7575-482b-aee4-8212cfc816f7

Flybye
01-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I am registered!!

Sammysosa
01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Little Red Riding Hood - June 6, 2009. Site is up and ready for registration. Great Friday night Luau Dinner with Hawaiian Dancers, Little Red Expo and silent auction Friday & Saturday. Great cycyling apparel in this year's Little Red Boutique. View all the details and register www.bccutah.org/lrrh2009 Ride limited to first 2,600 riders.

Shiraz
01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I am planning on riding. Still need to get registered!

Lifesgreat
01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
There is also an Event Page on Facebook for the ride. It doesn't replace registration, but it is a place to see who else is coming. Search "Little Red Riding Hood Cycling Event 2009".

Jones
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Does anyone remember if this ride sold out last year? My 13 year old daughter wants to do the metric but I don't want to sign her up until I know that she can do it. Thanks. Jones

Trekhawk
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I so hope that is the picture for the jersey - stinking freaking cute!

I have fond memories of this ride. I hope you all have a fabulous time and I want to see a pic of you in that great jersey.:)

Flybye
03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Does anyone remember if this ride sold out last year? My 13 year old daughter wants to do the metric but I don't want to sign her up until I know that she can do it. Thanks. Jones

I don't know, wish I could be more help. My daughter is 10 and can't wait to be able to join :)

Jones
03-06-2009, 10:55 AM
The big plan as it stands now - my girl friend and I will go to lrrh and her 16 year old and my 13 year old will ride the 60 together, my friend and my 10 year old will ride the 35 together and I will do the century. This is the plan but will a 16 year old and a 13 year old really train to ride 60 miles? With these 2 who knows. If they don't train I will go alone, if they do train all of us will go, in the event that that happens Flybye your daughter would be welcome to join my daughter on the ride.

Flybye
03-06-2009, 07:25 PM
That is a fantastic offer, but I am encouraging my daughter to go in a year or so. I have been telling her that she is too young and just needs to wait a little longer!! Truth be told I just want to ride without my kids :) Little did I know that I was a role model and they'd want to ride too. Dang it, now what do I do for me time??? :cool::rolleyes::D:o
My son and husband did a 50 mile ride together and he was 11 years old at the time. I was amazed at how dedicated my son is to riding. He wants to beat my 100 mile record this year. Makes my heart soar with pride. Great kids! Such blessings!
You must feel much the same way!

Sammysosa
03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi ladies~

Last year we didn't cap the ride and had 2,400 riders. For the past five years we've increased ridership by 30% each year. This year we capped the ride at 2,600 and have already reached 1,200 registered riders. We do anticipcate filling this year and having to turn people away. Hope this helps. See you at Little Red :)

MM_QFC!
03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi ladies~

Last year we didn't cap the ride and had 2,400 riders. For the past five years we've increased ridership by 30% each year. This year we capped the ride at 2,600 and have already reached 1,200 registered riders. We do anticipcate filling this year and having to turn people away. Hope this helps. See you at Little Red :)

I had to cxl last year when a car knocked me off my bike...I just recently got on my back up bike for the first time since last April - verrrrry short ride. So I've got some BIG-time catching up to do, but I'm already registered again and looking forward to riding it this year.

Also, I hope that all registered riders follow all of the road rules and not put this ride in jeopardy, as I heard was the case last year.
Thanks,
Mary

Jones
03-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the info on sign ups. I really want to do this ride but am still on the fence about the girls. Jones

just1morebike
03-22-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm so excited to go this year! I missed it the last two years, but this year I'm coming, and I'm bringing a whole bunch of women with me!:D

yellow
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I think I'm going to volunteer this year and skip the ride. That way I'll still get to see everyone. We'll have our new camper by then so I suspect I'll drive up Friday and camp out. It sounds like CyclaSutra will be there too, and is planning to camp. So we could have a fun group campout complete with s'mores. Sounds like she'll have her little one there (along with her hubby to babysit). How fun would that be??!!??!!

Or I'd be up for the two room suite thing again if others want to do that. Shiraz? Flybye? What are your lodging plans?

BikeDutchess
04-18-2009, 01:33 PM
If you want to do this ride and haven't signed up yet, better do it soon. I was told they're within 300 of reaching the cap, and getting 40-50 registrations a day right now.

Little Red registration link (http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1679162&assetId=eb727027-7575-482b-aee4-8212cfc816f7)

Flybye
05-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Well guys, I am out this year :( I have too much going on at home to make the ride. Have fun for me!

Alex
05-16-2009, 04:22 PM
According to the website, LRRH has reached capacity. 2600 is a lot of riders! So, who's in this year? Anyone up for a TE dinner on Friday night in Logan?

I signed up for the century, but may cut back to the 80. It depends on how my riding goes in the next few weeks. I don't want a repeat of my knee issue from last summer, so I will be cautious on the ride length to ensure a summer of pain-free (relatively speaking!) training for LOTOJA.

Alex

sulis
05-18-2009, 04:12 AM
My friend and I will be riding the metric. She is a new rider but has taken to it with ease. We hope to keep a pace above 15 MPH. But we also plan to stop at the rest stops. Finishing the ride and enjoying the day is our goal.

If anyone wants to ride with us, just let me know.

Lifesgreat
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM
I am in for dinner Friday night. Wanna go to that Firehouse pizza and pasta place again?

I am planning on the metric century too, but we will see how things are going.

NYGIRL777
05-20-2009, 11:13 AM
If anyone cannot attend the LRRH ride please email me - I would like to buy a registration for my daughter :)

Thanks
Asia

yellow
05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I am in for dinner Friday night. Wanna go to that Firehouse pizza and pasta place again?

I'd be up for it assuming I find a place to camp nearby. I will have the new Road Maggot, so easy access parking lots are preferred!

Anyone else camping? Where are you staying? I need to get with it and make a reservation! :eek:

FWIW, I'm working check in (elected not to ride this year) but will hang out to cheer y'all on as you bolt across the finish.

Alex
05-20-2009, 08:11 PM

Yes, let's!

Alex

triathlonmom
05-22-2009, 12:32 PM
I too need a slot if anyone knows of someone not going up! It's totally my fault for waiting so long to register, but I've been training for my first 100 for months now. Pretty bumed about it :(

Lifesgreat
05-22-2009, 06:41 PM
What kind of road maggot did you get? I thought about driving DH's truck up and sleeping in the shell. I then found a cheap room and decided to do that instead.

yellow
05-23-2009, 02:13 PM
We acquired an in-truck camper and, well, a new truck since the old truck couldn't handle it. It's MONSTROUS (see photo below). I love it! ;) It has a QUEEN SIZE BED (!) and a bunch of other things (complete kitchen, wet bath complete with SHOWER!, microwave, awning, etc.).

I reserved the last spot available online for Hyrum Lake. CyclaSutra is staying there, too. Hopefully she will bring her extremely cute little one to dinner.

Speaking of, what time?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/tasdan/Just%20for%20Fun/IMG_0017.jpg

Lifesgreat
05-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Sweet camper! I have been trying to talk DH into a camper for a couple of years without success. You have the setup I would love to have. . . I do have a very l o n g 1979 Airstream, but it is moody and I don't want to bring it.

As far as dinner, I can come anytime. My day is open.

jobob
05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Awesome camper yellow!

did someone say road trip ?

shawna smart
05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
I would really love to Ride this year. If anyone is not riding or can help me get in the race I would very much appreciate it. Thanks fellow riders. Shawna@innoflations.com

MM_QFC!
05-27-2009, 11:00 AM

I am planning on the metric century too, but we will see how things are going.

Not sure what time I'll arrive in the area on Friday evening, so I can't commit to getting there in time for dinner, however, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you TE riders/volunteers/visitors sometime during the day on Saturday...looking forward to riding this year!
Mary

Flybye
05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Anyone interested in purchasing a ride spot? I have one I will not be using. I have sent a pm to everyone on the forum who might be interested. First one to the punchline wins :D

THIS SPOT IS SOLD, THANKS!!

Alex
06-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Lifesgreat and Yellow, are you still interested in dinner at the pizza place?

Anyone else?

Shall I make reservations? I'm bringing the same friend from last year.

That's 4 so far.

Alex

Lifesgreat
06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I would like to come. I was planning on picking up my packet at 5:30, but if you guys wanted to eat earlier, I could pick it up after we eat.

Flybye
06-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Lifesgreat and Yellow, are you still interested in dinner at the pizza place?

Anyone else?

Shall I make reservations? I'm bringing the same friend from last year.

That's 4 so far.

Alex

I know that I am not going, but I was in Logan last week and ate at the Cafe Sabor - it was WAY yummier than the pizza place. Mexican Food. Thought you all might want to consider it.
Here is the link........
http://www.cafesabor.com/

yellow
06-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I am up for dinner whenever. OR we can all meet at the Luau and hang out. Whatever. Doesn't matter to me. I just want to make sure we all connect and get to laugh together a bit.

Shiraz is coming with some friends as well, I know. I'll bug her and see what her plans are. And CyclaSutra...she is camping with me out at Hyrum Lake.

I'll check back. 10-4. Over and out.

Pssst...Alex, you brought TWO friends last year, not just one. Have they melded into one? Have they been hanging out in the blast zone in the west desert a little too much?? :p

Alex
06-02-2009, 06:41 PM
I would like to come. I was planning on picking up my packet at 5:30, but if you guys wanted to eat earlier, I could pick it up after we eat.

LG,

I'm picking up packets on Wednesday at Sugarhouse. If you want me to pick yours up, PM me.

Alex

CyclaSutra
06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Here's another idea: OLIVE GARDEN!

LOve that place... Yessirree, Desi is coming, too, and I'm bringing Grammy Sandy to watch her while I ride... Also camping alongside two other girls from Jackson, Cindy and Lori. Lori's the only one who bought a luau ticket, so I think we're SOL on that.

Still trying to decide on length... it's metric or 80 or 100 for sure. I signed up for 100 but might downgrade. Dang peer pressure... My friend Cindy has been only 50 so far but plans the 100. Same with at least one other Jackson girl, Caryn.

Would love to dinner after packet pick-up. 6:30ish? There would be 4 of us plus a high chair.

I miss you guys and forum-ing, but I had to let some things slide to make room for my new responsibilities, so I've been online a lot less. iPhone at 3 a.m. when Desi wants a mid-night snack is my only digital activity.

yellow
06-03-2009, 09:46 AM
OK, I think a 6:30 time would be good.

Now, where? Since most of us did not buy luau tickets, it's gotta be an eating establishment.

Firehouse Pizza?
Cafe Sabor?
Olive Garden?

CyclaSutra
06-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I vote Olive Garden!
But I would do any of them.

Alex
06-03-2009, 05:46 PM
So long as we're voting, I'd vote for Firehouse Pizza first, and Cafe Sabor second.

BTW, I waited in line for packet pickup for nearly an hour and a half tonight.
They have run out of various sizes of things already. Said they were "shorted."

Alex

Lifesgreat
06-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Eww, 1.5 hours in line? I know what awaits me Friday then. . .

I will eat wherever, whatever-maybe that is why I look the way I do. :p

I like Firehouse, Olive Garden or Mexican food so I am happy any way.

Alex
06-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Eww, 1.5 hours in line? I know what awaits me Friday then. . .

Yeah, no line for you! Everyone was in Salt Lake! BTW, there was no waiver to sign so I could have gotten your stuff.

Alex

sulis
06-04-2009, 05:03 AM
My friend and I have decided to go up Friday night. We managed to get a fairly inexpensive hotel room in Brigham City. We are definitely going to be at the packet pickup tomorrow first thing.

I am not certain if we can make dinner - haven't cleared that with my friend yet. But can someone let me know the final plans, just in case we decide to stop by.

Rain rain stay away - we want nice weather this year! Oye the headwinds the entire time last year were miserable.

Thanks

BikeDutchess
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
So far the forecast looks cool (max 64) and dry, partly cloudy. Unfortunately it looks like 15 mph headwinds on the way back. But all that still sounds better than last year!

yellow
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
OK, I'm going to make the decision. CyclaSutra, I'll make it up to you, I promise!

Firehouse Pizzeria, 880 South Main Street, Logan
http://www.firehousepizzeria.com/
6:30

Be there!

:)

Lifesgreat
06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
OK, I'm going to make the decision. CyclaSutra, I'll make it up to you, I promise!

Firehouse Pizzeria, 880 South Main Street, Logan
http://www.firehousepizzeria.com/
6:30

Be there!

:)
10-4 I will be there.

Alex
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
What a GREAT day for a ride! Cool with clouds for most of the ride. No rain, no hail, no sleet! There was some wind in places, but not bad at all. We did the 80-mile ride. The participants were well-behaved this year and the staggered starts were a great idea. I didn't see any particularly unsafe riding until we hooked up again with the metric route.

We had a nice TE dinner with Yellow, LifesGreat, Cyclasutra, her daughter, and some other friends on Friday.

How was everyone else's ride?

Alex

BikeDutchess
06-07-2009, 06:49 AM
When we woke up it was still raining, but luckily it stopped pretty soon after. It looked threatening for a good part of the day, but we never got rained on (heard others did). I loved the cooler temperatures.

I loved the staggered starts too, it made that first stretch soooo much better. And it was nice that the 80's and 100's more or less got to lunch at the same time.

We did the 100 and the winds were pretty horrendous as soon as we turned south up in Idaho. I had to very deliberately change my mantra from "da*n these f***ing winds" to something more positive like "I am strong, girl power will get me through." I was so happy the winds died down as we got closer to Wellsville. And the sun came out too!

I tried to do better with my nutrition this year, eating something at every stop, but I still hit the wall in almost exactly the same spot as last year, right before the last rest stop. I kept telling myself that if I could make it to that last stop, I could make it all the way. My friend pulled me home again, and I felt very tired but good for finishing. [Did anyone else think it was a funky roundabout way to route us back to the park at the end?] It was a fun party at the finish. Mmm, that chocolate fountain was something else!

My daughter did only the 15 because of a hip injury. She was the 2nd one back - she was disappointed there was no cheering because they weren't ready yet!

The support was great again, many volunteers at every stop and lots of sag vehicles.

All in all it was a great ride!

Alex
06-07-2009, 10:28 AM
We did the 100 and the winds were pretty horrendous as soon as we turned south up in Idaho. I had to very deliberately change my mantra from "da*n these f***ing winds" to something more positive like "I am strong, girl power will get me through."

I tried to do better with my nutrition this year, eating something at every stop, but I still hit the wall in almost exactly the same spot as last year, right before the last rest stop. I kept telling myself that if I could make it to that last stop, I could make it all the way. My friend pulled me home again, and I felt very tired but good for finishing. [Did anyone else think it was a funky roundabout way to route us back to the park at the end?] It was a fun party at the finish. Mmm, that chocolate fountain was something else!

Great job, BD! My friend and I agreed that we would decide out on the course whether we were going to do the 80 or the 100. I was waiting for her at the rest stop before we would have to decide and I was thinking that I would be happy doing either. She pulled up and announced that she did NOT want to do the 100. I was fine with that, especially as we could see the dark clouds to the north. I knew, too, that the wind would be bad once you turned south. Good for you for getting through that difficult stretch!

What did you eat at the rest stops? I always bring my own stuff. I had a multi-hour bottle of Perpetuem in one bottle, and water in the other. I also had several Hammer Gels. I took Endurolytes and Digest Caps about every hour. The only thing I get at the rest stops is water (and a bag of potato chips at the lunch stop). I do best avoiding real food until the end and I take a slug of Perpetuem or some gel every 15 minutes. I've used this combination many times now, and have been very happy with the results. I also had some Cytomax powder with me, but I never did use it since we did the 80 and not the 100.

I agree that the end of the route was sort of strange. I loved my pink lei at the finish. It looks really cute on my dog. :)

And, yeah, that chocolate fountain was GREAT! :D

Alex

Lifesgreat
06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I rode the 47 miles and it was very nice distance for what I have been doing this year. I thought the weather was perfect until about the last 7 miles, when I thought "Holy Headwind Batman!" I have pictures of ducks, clouds, bright green mountains and of course Little Red and the Wolf. Little Red was a brunette this year :)

I liked the staggered start too. There was still some congestion, but it was two riders taking up the width of the lane rather than 5. Rest stops were nice and the volunteers were great. I stopped at the Gossner cheese factory on that industrial-like road on the way back to Wellsville. I was standing by my bike with my pepper jack cheese when a lady walked up to me and said "we have seen you ALL OVER". It took me a second to realize she meant the "collective" you rather than me personally. She had seen "me" in Idaho and points between Logan and Idaho. I explained to her and her husband what was going on. They thought it was cool.

I got back and met up with Yellow, ate my sandwich and went home. For some reason, I thought it was an hour later than it was so I didn't have to leave so soon (sorry Yellow). I also missed the chocolate fountain. wah.

When I got home, I felt really sick. It was when I reviewed what I had eaten and what I had not been drinking that I understood why. I won't say how few ounces of water I drank but I just forgot to drink because it wasn't hot. What a dope. I have ridden too long not to remember to drink. After my kids reminded me ("DRINK DRINK DRINK") and eating some food, I felt better.

I enjoyed meeting up with those from TE Friday night for food and visiting.

I am going to ride with AuntieK tomorrow morning as she ventures out for the first time after her crash. For once she will go my speed. . .

BikeDutchess
06-07-2009, 08:17 PM
What did you eat at the rest stops? I always bring my own stuff.

On my 60-75 miles rides I usually do OK on a combination of real food (Lara Bars, gorp), Clif Blocks, and Crystal Light electrolyte mix, and water. For the century it's just not enough, or I just didn't take in enough. At each food stop I also ate the grapes, at the 40 mile stop 1/2 a PB sandwich, at lunch 1/2 turkey sandwich, cheetos, and more grapes. I had trouble choking down the food. I probably didn't drink enough either (like Lifesgreat, the cool temps probably had something to do with it). Next year even if it's cool I'll bring my camelback again.

I'm going to have to experiment some more, maybe go back to some gels (I developed an aversion to them that I'll just have to get over) and less real food. By the last rest stop I just felt my stomach wasn't moving stuff along anymore. Luckily that feeling had passed by the time I discovered the chocolate fountain!

Thanks for posting what works for you, gives me some more ideas to try!

Lifesgreat
06-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I bet they had us do that roundabout way to the finish so we wouldn't be making a left turn into the finish-fewer traffic conflicts. As I rode past the other turn I thought "wait, I am supposed to turn there", but we went off a different way.

I only saw one accident. It looked like a girl crashed crossing some RR tracks about six miles out from the start, before the Mendon rest stop. The police and EMTs were there and the ambulance passed me going to the scene. After leaving Mendon's rest stop, the town's volunteer fire department siren went off, summoning other EMTs. I hope all are okay.

Alex
06-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I stopped at the Gossner cheese factory on that industrial-like road on the way back to Wellsville. I was standing by my bike with my pepper jack cheese when a lady walked up to me and said "we have seen you ALL OVER".

WHOA! Wait just a MINUTE! There was a CHEESE FACTORY? I SO would have stopped there! I'm gonna have to find that place for next year!

Alex

Alex
06-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm going to have to experiment some more, maybe go back to some gels (I developed an aversion to them that I'll just have to get over) and less real food. By the last rest stop I just felt my stomach wasn't moving stuff along anymore. Luckily that feeling had passed by the time I discovered the chocolate fountain!

Thanks for posting what works for you, gives me some more ideas to try!

If there was a chocolate fountain at every rest stop, I'd be SO happy!!

Hope you find something that works for you. I can't stand Heed anymore and I experimented with various other drinks last fall to find something I could tolerate and that didn't taste too awful. Ended up with Cytomax, which I like quite a lot. I'm sure I'll get sick of it at some point.

What is the Crystal Light electrolyte drink?

Alex

Lifesgreat
06-08-2009, 06:58 AM
WHOA! Wait just a MINUTE! There was a CHEESE FACTORY? I SO would have stopped there! I'm gonna have to find that place for next year!

Alex

It was on 1000 West before we turned west and went back across the valley. Gossner Cheese (http://www.gossner.com/home/gossner/index.php)

sulis
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I too am giving two big thumbs up to the staggered start times. That worked brilliantly I thought!!!

My friend and I had an enjoyable weekend. Drove up Friday afternoon and had no wait to pick up our packets. Love the adoreable bag. Saw Lifesgreat and Yellow while we found some great deals on socks and other gear. There went my budget - oh well!!! ha ha

The ride was lovely as always. The food was great, the volunteers fabulous and the course gorgeous. My friend took a spill in some gravel in the turn into the first rest stop. We managed to track someone down with a first aid kit in their car. Once we got the gravel and blood off, we realized how deep the gash was. But she patched it up and being the trooper she is, made it the rest of the day with no problems.

We too signed up for the 100 miles. But I had some knee problems and those ominous clouds helped us to decide to turn onto the 80 route. That turned out to be the best choice for us. My knee started acting up about 10 miles to the finish. But with an awesome massage waiting for me at the end, and lots of ice on the ol' knees when I got home and I am just fine today. :p

I actually liked the new return to the start. It was kind of fun - kept me guessing. The chocolate fountain was fabulous - banana please, don't go easy on the chcolate - and she didn't. :D

LRRH is definitely my favorite ride of the year!!!

MM_QFC!
06-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I bet they had us do that roundabout way to the finish so we wouldn't be making a left turn into the finish-fewer traffic conflicts. As I rode past the other turn I thought "wait, I am supposed to turn there", but we went off a different way.

I only saw one accident. It looked like a girl crashed crossing some RR tracks about six miles out from the start, before the Mendon rest stop. The police and EMTs were there and the ambulance passed me going to the scene. After leaving Mendon's rest stop, the town's volunteer fire department siren went off, summoning other EMTs. I hope all are okay.

Yep, 1 of the guys at a rest stop told me that he heard she broke her arm.
I also saw a rider take another down, as she overlapped and did more than just "touch" wheels. When I got to them, they were both getting up, picking up their bikes and the 'take-down' rider was saying, "I'm sorry, I was totally not paying attention; are you ok?" - all this as she was clipping in and rolling off again! The woman whom she caused to fall, had to re-adjust her saddle, so I stopped, held her bike and helped her do that, as she also was a bit shook up and needed some time to settle the [understandable] jitters.

I had to cancel this ride last year after being hit and injured by a car, so I was glad to be able to ride it this year. It's a beautiful route, well-supported and I was impressed and appreciative of the area drivers, as I didn't experience or observe any aggressive driving, horn honking or drivers yelling at cyclists, so it was a great 're-entry' experience for me to have, being back on the road and doing the century route. On the other hand, I did see lots and lots of 2 - 5 abreast riding and lots of blowing right through stop signs, despite constant warnings by ride organizers - too bad.
The roads were clear of debris too - only saw some glass in a couple of places...and I did have rain, even some hail on the north end of the valley/century route, plus pretty constant headwinds as the route turned south toward the lunch stop, then pretty much all the way back in...whew!
I had to rely on 'memory miles' from doing tons of previous centuries and the pure enjoyment of riding my new Seven, as I'm not as fit nor strong as I was pre-injuries, but I was determined to do this ride and did not want to have to wait another year! Post-ride ice, then jacuzzi and vitamin "I" (ibuprofen) helped my still-recovering body too!
Thanks for a great ride, Utah TE'ers!

jobob
06-10-2009, 09:17 AM
pops head up

Someone say chocolate fountain?!? :cool: Dang.

Glad you all had a good time. I have fond memories of LRRH from a few years back and meeting many of you. Back then we had our own chocolate fountain as it were from our visit to the chocolate shop where Ms. Yellow worked at the time.
Memories indeed. :D