PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas, ladies

Kalidurga
12-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Just thought I'd say that now, since everyone will be with friends and family tomorrow. So whatever you're all celebrating, have a wonderful time :D

Zen
12-24-2008, 02:12 PM
I got a cat for Christmas :o

Kalidurga
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I hope the dogs don't think of it as equivalent to a lump of coal.

bmccasland
12-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I'll be joining my Jewish co-worker, his wife, and some of their friends for Chinese food.

redrhodie
12-24-2008, 02:56 PM
I got a cat for Christmas :o

Yay! We've been thinking about heading to the shelter, but decided to wait a little longer. I'm glad another cat has a home for Christmas!

redrhodie
12-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Just thought I'd say that now, since everyone will be with friends and family tomorrow. So whatever you're all celebrating, have a wonderful time :D

You too! Merry, merry!

Zen
12-24-2008, 04:10 PM
She's an Accidental cat, sequstered in the big front room right now until her paw heals up. Poor Kitty is getting around on three paws for now. Took her for xrays yesterday, luckily nothing is broken, possibly some sort of absess. She's on antibiotics right now.

The last tenants from upstairs left her here when they moved.
Just left her :mad:. I had been keeping her outside but feeding her.I noticed her limp about the same time it got really cold so i brought her in. i didn't realize it but upon her exam yesterday discovered she is declawed :eek:
No more outside life for her.

redrhodie
12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
What's wrong with people?! I can understand not being able to find an apartment that accepts cats, but then you find it a home, or bring it to a shelter. You don't just leave it!

You're an angel. How are the dogs handling it?

Kalidurga
12-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll be joining my Jewish co-worker, his wife, and some of their friends for Chinese food.

That sounds really good to me. But be careful about ordering duck ;)

Zen
12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
How are the dogs handling it?

They've pretty much calmed down. I go in and visit with her.
She has a nice heated bed, TV and stereo.
i don't think she can work the remote though.

I tried to talk my sister into going Chinese, ordering duck and seeing if the staff would treat us to a chorus of "Deck the Halls" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WcFObgYhI) but she said she didn't want to be served a duck that was smiling at her.

Kalidurga
12-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Glad to see someone got that one ;)

Pax
12-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Merry Christmas

Santa got here a little early so we opened our presents late yesterday. After breakfast we'll prep the food stuff for dinner at my moms and head up to celebrate with her.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

OakLeaf
12-25-2008, 05:29 AM
Merry Christmas! :):)

We hosted a few of the neighbors last night (this started three years ago with us serendipitously winding up at our next-door neighbors on Christmas Eve, and it's gradually accreting more and more of the neighbors). We wound up with so much leftovers that I am seriously not motivated to cook our usual quiet Christmas dinner for DH and myself.

Maybe I'll feel more energetic after a run. :rolleyes:

Zen, thanks for taking in the kitty. That's basically the same way ex-H and I wound up with our Measle (spotted dog ;)) years ago. He just showed up in the neighborhood several days before Christmas, about four months old and obviously abandoned (way too clean and well fed to be feral, no response to ads we posted, and he was TERRIFIED of leashes and cars for about his first year with us, poor thing). "If that puppy is still hanging around on Christmas Day..." He was with us for 13 more years, and now he's a Christmas angel. :(:)

surgtech1956
12-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Zen, you're an angel. I don't know what's wrong with people. She's got a good home and will be a great companion, the dogs will get use to her. Our motto - 'there's always room for one more' - thats why we have 7 cats and 2 dogs. Happy holidays

HillSlugger
12-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Merry Christmas all!

We spent last night with family, exchanged gifts, and ate (latkes and brisket). My kids head out of town today with my ex to visit their relatives in Western NY.

http://nicole.thomas14.home.comcast.net/HED3Wreath-1.jpg

bmccasland
12-25-2008, 08:47 AM

Glad to see someone got that one ;)

I don't quite get it...

Duck would be better than squid or octapus as far as I'm concerned. Although I wouldn't necessarily mind meeting some more firemen and paramedics. :p:rolleyes:

I got a leg rub from the semi-feral kitty I've been feeding. Gave her some canned food (my kitties get a spoonfull with their morning kibble) for her Christmas morning breakfast too. She rubbed up against my legs as I sat on the front porch and let me pet her before she settled down to eat her breakfast. This was the first time she's let me touch her. I noticed that her ear tip was docked, which leads me to believe that my neighbor round-the-corner that also feeds strays has taken her in to be spayed.

Zen - hope your new kitty enjoys her new home. At least she's safe and warm now.

Happy Christmas Everyone! Or Happy Holidays! Or Happy Whatever! :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

divingbiker
12-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi, all! I don't get the duck thing either.

I'm out in Nebraska now, having a nice time with the family. Yesterday I went sledding for the first time in probably 35-40 years, and between that and spending over an hour on my sister's Wii Fit, I'm a bit stiff and sore.

Hope you are all having a nice holiday!

Kalidurga
12-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Haven't you ladies ever seen A Christmas Story (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Story)?

Sounds like you're having a fun time, DB :D

divingbiker
12-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Haven't you ladies ever seen A Christmas Story (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Story)?

Sounds like you're having a fun time, DB :D

Hmmm...It's on the TV right now, but I guess I've never watched the whole movie. I've seen the tongue on the pole, and the "fra-gee-lay" leg light, but apparently I've never made it all the way through to the end. Maybe today...:D

Kalidurga
12-25-2008, 12:37 PM
If you're watching TBS, you've got 24 hours worth of chances to see the duck! Good stuff.

Speaking of cats, I have to share this. So much for feline dignity:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z163/KaliDurga/assorted_crap/new%20kittehs/2008_kitteh-christmas/resized/020b-2-1.jpg

There's more here (http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z163/KaliDurga/assorted_crap/new%20kittehs/2008_kitteh-christmas/?albumview=slideshow).

divingbiker
12-25-2008, 02:22 PM
If you're watching TBS, you've got 24 hours worth of chances to see the duck! Good stuff.

Speaking of cats, I have to share this.

OK, the movie's over and now I know what Chinese turkey is.:p

Cute cats, Tam! And also speaking of cats, my sister's cat is going to miss his hidey-holes once Christmas is over.

Zen
12-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Speaking of cats, I have to share this. So much for feline dignity:

What did you give that kat? LSD?

I'll have to take a few shots of Miss Kitty.

surgtech1956
12-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Zen, have you read 'Dewey'????

7rider
12-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey all.
Holiday greetings from Connecticut.
We spent Christmas Eve with my mom and at my sister's. Christmas Day was just DH and me...my brother blew us off. Figures. :rolleyes: Then, up to VT for a day of skiing (today it rained, so we came home early...that seems to be a common thing for us with attempts to ski VT lately :rolleyes:).
Hope you all got to spend time with those you care most about...even family, no matter how dysfunctional they may be (who? Me??).
Have safe travels all.

Zen
12-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Zen, have you read 'Dewey'????

Not familiar with it, I'll look it up though.